Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

487 Gigabytes!!!!!

Guest danowat

So the file library served 487 Gigabytes worth of files in a 24 hour period? :-eek WOWIs there any of us here who actually fly the sim?, or do we all just Feverishly download all of the latest files for it :-lolDan.

Guest JDH

Flying? What's that then? I thought it was Download Simulator 2004 I was using? :)

I've not downloaded anything except navdata updates, betas for projects I'm involved in and a single livery for my PSS Airbus in months...I may indeed be in the minority but I prefer to fly.And at over a hundred hours a month I may do more of that than most of the people who spend all their time installing addons and then complaining that they get low fps on their 1.5GHz machines when they turn all slider to max :-wave

What would be interesting is if Avsim published download stats by user ID. Im sure they can track this now that we all have to have a unique ID. I wonder who the top Downloader was for yesterday...the month...the year??? Hell, I may be one of them!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest danowat

For goodness sake no :-lol, I would hate to see the amount of stuff I download and never ever use, I must have a few gigs of stuff I have downloaded and never got round to installing, sad really, and such a waste of bandwidth :(CheersDan.

Eric.... Then, when Ferdy's prognostications of the evil AVSIM charging come true, we'll have a method in place to bill by the megabyte!!!!Sure, I can see the accusations now. "AVSIM takes one step closer to billing for library services".... Talk about feeding and care of paranoids... Bad Eric... real bad Eric. But I like the creativity. :-lol

Guest danowat

Hehehe, thats the exact same thought I had on my drive into work this morning :-lolCheersDan.

Tom you guys are probably keeping these stats anyway are you not?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Nope. We don't do that. All we are interested in is the day-to-day overall load on the library. Individual stats are of no interest to us.

After a shower (where I do my best work) and a cup of coffee, doing individual tallies of downloads may not be a bad idea. We do that with authors (see the stats section), why not with the top 100 downloaders?

Guest danowat

"why not with the top 100 downloaders?", hmmm, would that be a hall of shame or a hall of fame? :-lolCheersDan.