Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Thames river smoke stack?

Flying from EGMC southeast of London, up the Thames River, I ran across this (smoking!) smoke stack located in the middle of the river! This is just south of Thamesport. Does anybody have a exclude file for this obvious error? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/85914.jpgThanksEric Joiner

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest shanwick

I use VFR Photographic and VFR Terrain scenery.I have just flown up the River Thames from EGMC and there are several stacks along the way to be seen. The one in your picture looks awful but is in all likelihood not an error at all.David

Guest JSkorna

David,So in real life that smokestack really is in the middle of the river? How do the boats miss it? Or do they go around it?

David, I use default terrain etc in the UK and this is obviously an error. Without really debating that, is it possible (anyone) to make an exclude bgl that will eliminate this object from the water?Eric

Guest shanwick

From what I see in the picture posted the base of the stack originates at the side of the river, not in the middle, but because of the angles involved it seems that the smoke stack appears in the middle of the river.Anyway, the default synthetic MS scenery is not very accurate in many ways which is why I use VFR Photographic. There is simply no comparison between the two.David

Guest shanwick

The MS default synthetic scenery is not very accurate in many ways and no doubt there are very many objects dotted around which ought to be excluded.Remember, this is just a

Guest Slacktide

>From what I see in the picture posted the base of the stack>originates at the side of the river, not in the middle, but>because of the angles involved it seems that the smoke stack>appears in the middle of the river.I think you are looking at the shadow. The smokestack definitely originates in the middle of the river. I'm sure it can be fixed with a quick exclude patch.Dan

David, you miss the point entirely. I just wanted to know if anybody else had seen this and fixed it. Its clearly an error. Nothing to miss sleep at night over, but still such things do regularly get fixed by users, hence the original request. I'll make my own exclude file.Eric