Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

WinXP SP2 & DirectX9c

Guest skywreck

I installed both the above last night, and found some problemswith the Sim.....like it crashing and shutting itself down inthe middle of a flight.Just wanted to know if anyone has any comments/experience ofany problems with either SP2 and new DirectX9c.Thanks in advanceJB

Guest UweR

Hi, DirectX 9C runs well for me (but I wouldn

Yes, Same problem here JB. I have since reformatted and reinstalled SP1. There were just too many problems with too many programs (not just FS9) with SP2 RC2. I'm still using DX9.0c with SP1 but the jury is still out on that also. Until I installed DX9.0c I had never had a crash or freeze with any version of MSFS since FS95. And now, with DX9.0c I've had five with SP2 and two with SP1 - all in the last two weeks. One more problem and I'm going back to DX9.0b.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hehe,I wondered if I were the only one...Running 9.0C and SP1. Nevertheless since a lot has been tweaked on my system, it can also be something else which has messed up things, like my new graphics drivers. So not sure if it is DX 9.0C releated or something else.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest nutmeat

I have no problems with 9c but have not installed SP2. I've been hearing (reading) too much negative flak about its ability to run normal programs without difficulties or upgrades from manufacturers, especially games. I've not seen anything specific relating to FS9 however.Larry S.

No problems so far with directx9c. Textures actually load a little faster now. I haven't touched WinXP SP2. I'm not going near that until at least a month after it has been officially released.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Yep me too.I just come on here to see if others had the problems and had founda fix.Crashing soon into a flight, and it's bloody annoying.Noticed it after updating Nvidia drivers to 61.76But also did some XP updates at about the same time, so can't say for definate.Installed DirectX 9C, but not till after the problem had manifested itself.Hoped DX9c might have fixed it - no such luck.Don't know about SP2, but I get all th XP critical updates, so may have got it, or had it piece meal.So same problem, no solution, sorry.

I just had another crash. Back to DX9.0b as soon as I can find the time for another reformat.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest nutcase

for Nvidia screencard users: if you install directx9.0c, be sure to install nvidia's 61.77 driver. this driver is directx9.0c compatible. all drivers with lower version numbers ARE NOT.ATI have not yet released any drivers for directX9.0c yet.Jan Roar Roed

"ATI have not yet released any drivers for directX9.0c yet.".........well I'm still hooked on Omega's 2.5.36b drivers and have not noticed any problems since installing DirectX 9.0c a couple of days ago. It may be, of course, an issue that is likely to have more relevance for owners of the newer cards - mine is the 9800 Pro 128MB and I've yet to be convinced that the newer Omega drivers offer any additional benefits in performance and image quality, whereas the 2.5.36b drivers give me superb IQ, fluidity of motion and absolute stability...and that's what counts in my book. All versions of DirectX are fully backwards compatible which is why, presumably, I'm experiencing no problems.Like the other poster I think, if you currently have a stable system, it would be very wise to defer a decision to install SP2 until the dust settles. Plenty of time to make such a decision. Why invite potential headaches needlessly?MikeP4 2.4GHz (400FSB), 1Gig PC2100 DDR Crucial, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Omega 2.5.36b), SB Audigy (5.12.0001.0443), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" TFT LCD 20ms Monitor (1280x1024x32), Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo, Ultra-Quiet PSU 400W, WinXP Home (SP1), DirectX 9.0c, AGP Aperture = 128MB

>for Nvidia screencard users: if you install directx9.0c, be>sure to install nvidia's 61.77 driver. this driver is>directx9.0c compatible. all drivers with lower version numbers>ARE NOT.>>ATI have not yet released any drivers for directX9.0c yet.>>Jan Roar RoedI use the 56.72's on my Asus GeForce FX5700 256MB with 9c and have no problems at all, in MSFS or any other game for that matter.XP Home SP1Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 2x512MBGeForce FX 5700 256MB (56.72)SB AudigyMSFF2 & X45 throttleSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Installed DX9c. No problems. Noticed a slight improvment in FPS and a nice change in smoothness. Feel it was worth the download.SystemAsus P4C-800-E DeluxP4 3.2 overclocked to 3.56 (on air)1 gig Kingston Hyperram PC3200GeForce Ti4600 oc'd to 310/685FS9 running with all sliders at max other than ai traffic 40%frames locked at 25DX9a KEWR to NYC with Aerosoft Manhatten scenery, low of 16 high 25DX9b KEWR to NYC with Aerosoft Manhatten scenery, low of 17 high 25lost the little stutters I had and changing views became much quicker.Best to all,Clayton T.Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

I have 9.0c installed with Nvidia drivers 53.03, which seem the best and most stable for my old GF4 T-4200SE card. I've tried later drivers, but they dont seem as stable for my card. Im not having any trouble with anything right now...so I'll hang tight for a bit. No SP2 until I see how it works for the rest of the crowd. I remember SP1 and the havoc it caused with FS2002.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

The 61.76 drivers are very good... you might want to try some time...

Bert

Hi guysI think that I am correct in saying that the installation of DirectX 9.0c (or 9a/:( will make no difference to how the sim will run as FS9 does not contain any DX9 features!Hopefully, FS10 will move the sim further forward in this respect but the only games to benefit from this latest release will be games that contain DX9(a,b or c features). Things can only get better!!!!However, the latest drivers will possibly make a difference to your frame rates and may look better but bear in mind that both nvidia and ATI will be concentrating on improving their latest graphics card performance not ones from the GF4/5 range.