Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Bugs on the windshield

Guest JamesJ

No, not computer bugs..some time ago, I think it was for FS98, I downloaded a Cessna Citation and panel, the windshield of which had bug splatters on it. Anyone know where I could get this again? I'd like to make a panel using FS9 guages with these bug splatters. I think it was a Scandinavian Air ambulance or something..failing that Maybe someone could build a new panel with this "feature"? JamesJ

Wasn't part of the panel, James, other than that you do need to create a "window" for the bugs in your PANEL.CFG, yes. The program was made by Roger Long of Cessna 172 fame (he filled the cockpit views with lovely lasses) and I think was called bugs.zip. He also did morebugs.zip with varying bug splatter (enough to make you throw up, isn't it). It sits happily on your C: drive and can be used with any panel. His bugs work fine in FS9.I particularly like them on heli windshields as, such screens being so big, it's hard to give them perspective normally in 2D mode. His bugs make the Bell 206 seem very real.I particularly like Alfred, the splattered Mexican beetle.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Just checked. Can't find the original (although I have it, if you are really desperate for multiple splatter technology) but his morebugs.zip is standalone. Or squashalone, maybe. With a little dexterity, you could probably create some of your own bug splatters too, to use with his program. Just don't ever tell your friends what you're doing. They'll have you certified.DOUBLE EDIT: Wonder if he could come up with a flock of birds splattered on your screen too? The mind boggles.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest JamesJ

Thanks, Dark Moment, but I can't find either of those zips, tried Google. Could you email it to me? jnjatwhisper@mchsi.com. Thanks, JamesJ

Guest DanielBu

Yeah and I'd love some birdpoo in FS06 ;)-Daniel

You want that birdpoo before or after its been smeared around with the windshield wipers?And while we're at it...lets model bird strikes. A nice 20 lb goose through the canopy with bird guts all over the place... :-0Eric(some levels of "realism" I can do without!!)

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg