Sign in to follow this  
asc_airlimo

737 Sound_b.

Looking around for some new engine sounds for the PMDG 737 NGX I came across one here in the AVSIM forums that was downloaded over 14,000 times (most downloaded that I've seen). The file name is sound_b_737-800.zip made by Aleksandar Ristovski. I made a backup of my sound folder then moved this folder in but now when I load up the plane I am hearing a loud rumble while sitting cold and dark on the ramp. I turned down the engine, cockpit and enviroment sounds down to 0 and it is still there. When I put back the original PMDG sound folder the sound goes away. Does anyone know how to stop this loud rumble with the sound b file?

Angelo

Looking around for some new engine sounds for the PMDG 737 NGX

The easiest way to fix this problem would be to use the beautiful sound-set included with the NGX. I don't know why you would want to replace such a high quality sound-set. If you're looking for an enhancement to the NGX sounds, there is a thread somewhere called: "Groundroll enhancement" you might want to try that, rather than replacing the entire set.

Looking around for some new engine sounds for the PMDG 737 NGX I came across one here in the AVSIM forums that was downloaded over 14,000 times (most downloaded that I've seen). The file name is sound_b_737-800.zip made by Aleksandar Ristovski. I made a backup of my sound folder then moved this folder in but now when I load up the plane I am hearing a loud rumble while sitting cold and dark on the ramp. I turned down the engine, cockpit and enviroment sounds down to 0 and it is still there. When I put back the original PMDG sound folder the sound goes away. Does anyone know how to stop this loud rumble with the sound b file?

Angelo

I'm sure that Armen C (PMDG Sounds engineer) would be very dissapointed reading this.

I'm sure that Armen C (PMDG Sounds engineer) would be very dissapointed reading this.

OK, let's try this then. Ask Armen C how I turn off or down the loud noise that sounds like the air conditioner but don't know what it is because none of the sound controls take care of it. I like a quiet cockpit while at FL and the PMDG's sound folder does not supply this for me.

Messing around I found that it is the PACKS that cause this loud hissing/fan noise so how do I quiet these down?

Angelo

The file name is sound_b_737-800.zip made by Aleksandar Ristovski.

This sound file was not made for replacing the PMDG 737 sounds. It was made for replacing the default b737-800 737 sounds. You should be very careful when replacing sounds for commercial addons as the commercial developer made the sounds specifically for his product. You should be able to replace individual sound files that are exactly the same as the PMDG sound file names but not the sound.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10