Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Delidding gone wrong..

The big problem is the mesurements ex FSMark11 avg scale good to the increasd clock even memsped,

Martin you hit the nail, asume went from 1600 or 2133 to 2600 and 5ghz

We all love Kostas tweaks 1/2 sync lock 30 fps for smoothness it works best when you can get it to over 30fps.

@ 5ghz with 2600mhz mem you have probaly 31fps instead of 23,5 26,5 in NGX on your test.

Witch one do you prefer or witch is smoothest.

Think the reason for delidd is to try to have over 30fps most of the time spec at the rwy.

And My @5,3 get 33fps its only a small 6 fps gain but its bigger in subjektive mesurements like

Smoothness , i dont like to have less then 30 on the rwy

I'll have a look tomorrow for you. Or could be the day after. If I don't make progress with my novel, I'll be very depressed. :smile:

Great! Forget FSMark 11 and just run it and let me know what Fraps' ~average is. BTW, if you set up as requested and your VC view ends up locked at 30, unlock it in Inspector but leave FSX to UNLIMITED this way we can compare straight across.

I have to do a fair amount of writing, responding to email etc for work from home and often I will set up a longish flight and once at crz go ahead and do my work as if I were ... stuck on that plane! Oy!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'll have a look tomorrow for you. Or could be the day after. If I don't make progress with my novel, I'll be very depressed. :smile:

OK, I did the test myself. Some other settings I forgot about:

• Global aircraft settings on Ultra High
  • High Res 3D VC
  • All exterior aircraft settings checked (shadows etc)
  • ships/ferries 20%
  • Leisure boats 10%
  • Airport vehicle density Low
  • AIrline Traffic & General Av Traffic density at 30%
  • Again, clear weather.
  • Other settings mentioned in post above.

I'm sitting on 27R at EGLL in the NGX, engines running: 17fps.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Noel, that was a pain altering my settings. :biggrin:

I don't have ORBX FTX England.

Was at 4.5Ghz with your settings. Was above 30, so frame limiter off in nV Inspector.

With flight sims frame rate counter

Outside, side view = 41-44

VC = 31-35

Fraps

Outside, side view = 46

VC = 32

The big problem is the mesurements ex FSMark11 avg scale good to the increasd clock even memsped,

Martin you hit the nail, asume went from 1600 or 2133 to 2600 and 5ghz

Memory for both tests was at 2133 set by XMP.

We all love Kostas tweaks 1/2 sync lock 30 fps for smoothness

I don't use the tweak! However, I very rarely see any stutters, and my frame rate is locked at 60 within FSX. In addition, since moving to Ivy Bridge, I can run at unlimited frames, and still very rarely see any stutters. Very smooth. Also, since moving to Ivy Bridge at 4Ghz or 4.5Ghz, the frame rate doesn't fluctuate much in a heavy scenario. The tests I did for Noel demonstrate that.

gain but its bigger in subjektive mesurements like

Smoothness , i dont like to have less then 30 on the rwy

As I said above, smoothest I've seen flight sim at 4 or 4.5. I don't seem to need delidding and 5GHz for smoothness, I get it anyway. :smile:

<br />As I said above, smoothest I've seen flight sim at 4 or 4.5. I don't seem to need delidding and 5GHz for smoothness, I get it anyway. :smile: <br />

Glad that your happy with the Performance @4.5 gig

With your settings i have 40,57 ^_^ with fraps

Not sure how you can make a statement like that, when you have no idea what my settings are, I haven't posted them.You also have no idea in regard to which graphics card, or ram, or anything else about my system. You must be psychic. <_<

You must be psychic.

That a dont take,you ar very RUDE

Hi Hasse,

I recieved your note regarding Martin's use of the word Psychic. It means you must be able to see extra perceptionally. According to Wikipedia it means:

A psychic (pron.: /ˈskɪk/; from the Greek ψυχικός psychikos—"of the mind, mental") is a person who claims to have an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP), or who is said by others to have such abilities.

In your note you thought Martin called you a psycho, which is a derogatory term that Wikipedia describes:

Psycho is slang for a person who is psychotic or psychopathic. The term is often considered offensive or derogatory.

I don't think an insult was intended, but is a language perception difference.

Thanks for sharing your concerns that enabled me to help to clear it up a bit.

Kind regards,

Iam a normal person with experiance in overclocking no more no less.

I dont want to be called Psychic or Psycho , iam just a normal person with a long passion for overclocking and flightsim..

Kind Regards/ Hasse

crystal-ball.jpg

Is this he?

(I meant martin-w, of course) :biggrin:

Dirk.

Noel, that was a pain altering my settings. :biggrin:

I don't have ORBX FTX England.

Was at 4.5Ghz with your settings. Was above 30, so frame limiter off in nV Inspector.

With flight sims frame rate counter

Outside, side view = 41-44

VC = 31-35

Fraps

Outside, side view = 46

VC = 32

Martin, thank you so much for doing this. I will rerun the test using default FSX England, but I'm guessing it's going to be virtually the same.

What kind of processor are you using? If it's and IB or SB chip, the '32' you reported from the VC is absolutely in line with what one might have predicted comparing my Q9650 at 3.72 and an IB/SB chip at 4.5Ghz (ok, 5-10% diff in IB/SB). Just under double. That is definitely good enough to upgrade towards so thanks for that! I'm seriously thinking XPlane 10 now though, it 64-bit version which appears to be where the future of the hobby is currently headed. Therefore may bring in a 6 core CPU or dual 6 core CPUs if that's an option!

Noel

No problem Noel, glad it helped. :smile:

It's an i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz.

EVGA GTX 580 [Not overclocked]

RAM: Dominator GT 8GB DDR3 2133. Chose this ram because despite the fact it has big heat spreaders, the top fin can be removed so it fits under my NH-D14.

P.S. Well I wish I was psychic, just think what kind of system I could build if I could predict next Saturdays lottery numbers. :rolleyes: