Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Alternates for PDFKneeboard

Hello.

I have been using PDFKneeboard - which is an awesome freeware product for Flight Simulator - for a long time now in order to view charts, flightplans etc in the sim. Unfortunately the FSX version has some quirks on my system resulting in CTDs when opening certain charts with it. Unfortunately most of the charts work flawlessly with it, so that's why I don't really want to give up on PDFKneeboard and I don't want to go back to printing out charts and all the other paperwork again.

I have tried contacting the author regarding my issue a while back but a new version of PDFKneeboard hasn't been released for a while now.

I do wonder if there are any similiar products to PDFKneeboard which let you view PDF files in the simulator itself which are a bit more stable. Especially with PDF files which have a higher graphical demand like ground charts... ? Freeware or Payware, I don't care at the moment, I just want to get an overview. I have a certain feeling that PDFKneeboard is the only one of its kind :-(.

Best reagrds,

I do wonder if there are any similiar products to PDFKneeboard which let you view PDF files in the simulator itself which are a bit more stable.

I'm with you there. There was a fabulous alternate kneeboard for FS9 that unfortunately was not ported over to FSX and it had many very handy features--wish there was something comparable! I don't recall all its feature but it had one tab that was a scratch pad for free texting and copy/pasting into that that was awesome in itself.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm also very interested in this sort of thing. A way to display charts inside FSX, without having to run the sim in wondowed mode. I tried PDFKneeboard and at first it looked great, but then I noticed that, altough FSX seemes to be running full screen, I was actually getting the slower performance and the lack of vsync that windowed mode brings. Bummer.

I'm with you there. There was a fabulous alternate kneeboard for FS9 that unfortunately was not ported over to FSX and it had many very handy features--wish there was something comparable! I don't recall all its feature but it had one tab that was a scratch pad for free texting and copy/pasting into that that was awesome in itself.

Noel,

there's a version made for FSX, you can get it from the developers website:

Unfortunately I am experiencing the above mentioned problems, but these might be specific to my system or settings. By the way I don't have any performance issues with PDFKneeboard for FSX.