Hey folks,

I decided i am going to get the 3570k, but with this rig going to have to last me at least 5 years, and with p3d, is the 3770k going to be a better cpu than the 3570k?

I am saying this because i am assuming within the next 5 years everyone else will possibly be using p3d.

At the moment, i only have UTX and the md11 for fsx, and if i cant migrate them then there isnt such a big loss, after all even going from fs9.1 - fsx you still had to purchase most things again anyway.

So is the 3770k going to be more suited for p3d and a better cpu if i was to make the switch?

Regards

The biggest back, therefore the one not likely to be made obsolescent "soon" is the 3770K. It's very marginally better than the 2700K (Tom's Hardware), however, thinking that "within the next 5 years everyone else will possibly be using p3d." is a improbable in the least, because there's lots of things that can happen in that time.

Not all of the addon vendors are supporting P3D, and neither are all fsx users. LM is an enormous company - a commercial entity in the process of creating a training aid for aviation colleges, universities and commercial aviation training in general. I may sound cynical, but I think it highly possible that the FSX P3D users - us "simmers" are being used as unpaid guinea-pigs - beta-testers - in that process, and it may well be that that "nice little FSX look-alike" package that we can buy now for $49.95 will suddenly be dropped entirely, and not be replaced with anything except that commercial "Training Aid" which will be prebuilt and customized for that commercial consumer, complete with their individual company logo as the opening screen, etc.. and with their company aircraft, base and locale as the only environment.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.