Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

PMDG Support

I just wanted to pass on my recent experience with PMDG support. I recently replaced my PC and after installing the MD-11, started getting an error related to one of the files used by the MD-11 . I opened a support ticket on Saturday evening and got a response a few hours later, A number of emails back and forth with Paul and Ryan and we were still unable to resolve the issue. Ryan then offered to use their Live Support facility to help me fix the problem. Happily this was not necessary as the problem seemed to fix itself and all is well now.

I've had a number of unfortunate instances with other FSX add-on suppliers where I've went days or sometimes weeks without a response to an email or forum post and was amazed that not only did I get a response from PMDG's support on a weekend, but that they offered live support and offered to help me on a weekend. Not only does this company provide quality products, but their support is, frankly, in another league in compared to others.

They have a customer for life, or as long as FSX remains viable B)

WHAT! I had almost the exact same experience with PMDG support, on Saturday! :O

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Got to say when I have contacted them they have provided excellent support, far better than a few of the other payware vendors I could mention.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Me too. I wanted to re-install my 737NGX but the serial number was locked as I had installed it twice on the same PC already, so I dropped them in a support ticket on the Friday evening thinking "I'll have to wait until Monday" but nope, got a reply the very next day, they sorted it for me :-)

I subsequently stuffed it up a few times after that and had to drop them another reply to unlock it again, and again they were great about it :-)

BE aware that if a PMDG product will not work on your computer, they will not give a refund under any circumstances. For some reason the PMDG 747 will not install on my computer, and after trying some fixes, PMDG advice was to reinstall Windows. Since I am not about to do this, I asked for a refund and was told that I agreed to the EULA when I bought the product. Telling the person that this policy contradicted consumer protection laws since a product should work without having to take extraordinary measures, had no effect. Yes I have the PMDG 737 NGX and it is probably the best plane available for FSX, but I have a $60 loss stuck in my craw. Note that PMDG products are not sold on sites like Flight1 that have a 30-day refund policy, and I suspect that the reason is their no-refund policy.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Could have bought it at Amazon.. They refund software that doesn't work..

I have found PMDG support to be the best there is in this hobby. I had a problem with the NGX and Ryan did everything in his power to get it sorted out with no joy. He spent hours with me using live support. IMO PMDG went well beyond what I could have reasonably expected. Finally Ryan suggested I reinstall windows. So, took his advice and I reinstalled windows and the NGX now works perfectly. I had an Acronis backup so the windows reinstall was no big deal.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument