Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

1st online flight - 1st crash to desktop

Hey folks, - just flew egkk - lgts, and just as i hit the 500ft mark i get a ctd

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: TCAS2v7.dll, version: 1.1.6.0, time stamp: 0x4633aecd

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00006186

Faulting process id: 0x129c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0d105a1445f3

Faulting application path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: F:\FSX\TCAS2v7.dll

Report Id: f940bf4b-792b-11e2-bcb7-08606ee8690e

Also, when i first ran fsx after installing fsinn - i got a "area 115 not found" warning,

any ideas why?

Also, when i first ran fsx after installing fsinn - i got a "area 115 not found" warning,

This indicates a recent scenery you deleted did not remove everything in the Scenery.cfg. You can easily fix this by downloading and installing Scenery Config Editor - http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/latest/download?source=files.

Your system crashed because of the TCAS2v7.dll which belongs to some type of addon you own. Here's a link to PMDG regarding this module - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a35/troubleshooting-ctds-crash-to-desktop.aspx. Sometimes when you uninstall aircraft it uninstalls this module but FSX or an addon in FSX is still looking really hard for this module and can't find it so it crashes FSX. Other than that I have no additional solutions.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Area not found. This occurs when you have deleted a scenery area's files, but have not removed the scenery entery in the scenery.cfg.(located in the main fsx folder) Fsx is looking for ~ and cant find ~ scenery files.

Open the file in said location in *NotePad*, find area 115 ( should be near the bottom) delete it. Then, underneath the 115 entery, you will have (Or may not but if you do) 116, 117, 118.

When you delete 115, the scenery file will look like :

>>>>>115 removed

You now need to change 116 to 115..117 to 116 ect so that the numbers are in accending order.

Hope that helps.

As for the CTD i would say it has something to do the TCAS and the fact your online...( also the report obviosly).. But wouldnt know what to suggest, someone else will know im sure.

Hi thanks for the replies - rest assured i have not deleted any sceneries - i know how to but have not been anywhere near it - it happened on the first run of fsx after installing fsinn.

I did do a bit of ggoling but only got from posts 2006 etc regarding on the ils, and some people had to turn the pmdg (md11) tcas to "ta" - i also for the first 100 miles had an a/c follwing me, then it appeared after about 2 hours into the journey for an hour, then it disappeared.

jim, i will look at the link you posted, although the tcas.dll file is still there.

Thanks guys.

Paul

Edit: just looking at the addon library - scenery 115 is still there (as i suspected as i knew i hadn't deleted it) its 0102 Base(wherever that is lol) and checking my fsx/scenery folder - 0102 is still there.

i also for the first 100 miles had an a/c follwing me, then it appeared after about 2 hours into the journey for an hour, then it disappeared.

HI! You're using FSINN? If so, to get rid of the ghost plane:

In the settings, go to Network-> Peer to Peer and disable Automatic Peer to Peer establishing (mark the tick box).

As for your crash, I have no solution unfortunately.

This indicates a recent scenery you deleted did not remove everything in the Scenery.cfg. You can easily fix this by downloading and installing Scenery Config Editor - http://sourceforge.n...ad?source=files.

Your system crashed because of the TCAS2v7.dll which belongs to some type of addon you own. Here's a link to PMDG regarding this module - http://support.preci...to-desktop.aspx. Sometimes when you uninstall aircraft it uninstalls this module but FSX or an addon in FSX is still looking really hard for this module and can't find it so it crashes FSX. Other than that I have no additional solutions.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim i have just ran that utility you linked and its showing "AREA 12" ADDON SCENERY path does not exist, yet fsx shows its still ok in the library.

2nd pic shows that the 0102 (the scenery 115) is still there.

I am going to have to reinstall everything aint i?

Regards

I am going to have to reinstall everything aint i?

You somehow deleted a scenery out of the Addon Scenery folder. Where you see 115, that's not area 115 in your Scenery.cfg. The scenery.cfg is numbered the opposite direction so as to really confuse everyone. So, what's at the top in the Scenery Library is on the bottom in the Scenery.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim, thanks

I have resorted to rreinstalling everything again.

its just strange how it only happened right after fsinn was installed - even though i didnt go near the library or any scenery folders ( i had no need to.)

Thanks again, now if i can only get my pmdg issue sorted :)

Paul, did you try running the NGX installer again and doing a "repair"? If the problem is linked to the TCAS2v7.dll, just a thought... I would do that before reinstalling everything.

The tcas2v7.dll does not come with any PMDG product. It's another addon made by another developer.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Guest RWFeldman

There can be conflicts that cause crashes between different developers TCAS.dll. Seem to recall this happening when the QW757 was released and various 3rd party TCAS mismatches.

Hi Daniel,

I dont have the ngx, its the MD11 i have, - im in the process of reinstalling fs from scratch, so hopefully i wont have the issue again - although i do run UTX also, but never had the problem until now.

(i didnt have the issue on my old pc, even though both utx and md11 were installed)

Hi Jim, if its not PMDG, then it can only be UTX, as thats the only 2 addons (beside fsinn i mean) i have.

Hi Rendi, i seen some fix where i could turn my squawk to ta(i think it was) before established on the ils and that cured it - but again, i idnt have the issue on my old pc.

I have already posted in the md11 forum,

Kind regards all

EDIT: the dll file is there after installing fsx and the service packs

Hi Daniel, no worries,

I have already checked that and i have the current version - 1.1.6.0

Thanks anyway.