Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

stackhash error when closing fsx

I have a couple more thoughts for your problem Paul. Are both SSDs running in AHCI mode on the Intel ICH10 controller? Plugging the boot drive into a secondary (i.e. JMicron JMB362) drive controller on the mobo might be a problem (many mobos have three or even four different storage controllers on the board--which one you're using depends on which SATA connector the device is connected to). Also, make sure to install updated drivers for the secondary HDD controllers, even if there are no devices currently connected to them. I find it best to go to the chipset manufacturer (i.e. Realtek, JMicron etc), as the drivers on the mobo manufacturers' sites are often several versions out of date.

Also, since this is a new build, go to the support.microsoft.com website and run the latest DirectX update, plus the latest versions of the MS Visual C runtime redistributables for the 2005, 2008, and 2010 versions and install them in that order. Several years ago there was a problem with one of the MSVC 2008 versions that did not play nice with the 2005 version. Usually, if you have installed any recent software that uses the MSVCRT redistributables, the latest versions will have been installed in due course. But as more and more of us build dedicated FS machines and install our ancient software on them (FSX is now 7 years old), it's possible to build up a system and have some of the old long-fixed problems coming back for a second run at our sanity.

Regards

Hi again Bob, thanks,

I have just reverted to an older firmware for my ssd, as it was advised on o/c.net as a 64GB M4 does not like 040H firmware.

I'm sure ive not long updated the chipsets drivers etc - but i cant remember if that was after the last W7 install ???? i forget after all W7 has been in and out soooo many times in 2 weeks :rolleyes: :huh:

I dont have a clue what you are talking about ;), but from what i do understand - the bios is in ahci mode, and both ssd's are in the intel (grey) ports (6g) as advised by all, i used the mobo cables supplied(6g) because they had elbows on one end and the straight ends on the M4's didnt allow me to close the left panel of my tower,

All m$ updates have been done - rebooted checked rebooted even if there were none and rechecked. the only update i have left to do is bing search bar, which i keep leaving out.

KB 2538242 C++2005 installed 13/feb

KB 2538243 C++2008 " "

I dont see a direct X, but that doesnt mean there isnt one, i will go on ms download and run the latest anyway.

Just tried the dx and got a "determined i have a newer version(or equivalent version) already installed.

If i have missed anything let me know, - as im trying to do this on 2 computers atm lol.

Kind regards

paul

WOOOOOOOOOOOP - its sorted ----------- touch wood,

All it took was a fresh fsx install and a purchase of fs2crew - i needed it! (well thats what the wife got told anyway and after a few :t0148: she gave in!), fs has been up and running , :p0504: plenty reboots, with everything installed except utx europe and fsinn, with reboots inbetween everything - updates included.(which was no different before - only difference was i know xmp was enabled, as i wasnt sure before, my guess was it was at defaults)

I gotta thank you guys for all the googling and homework you done on my behalf, i really appreciate, now other pressing issues!!

:drinks: guys.

Regards

Paul