Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Can't stop flying that Aerosoft A320

I fly the 319/320 non-simulated. I really enjoy Aerosoft's A320. It has just enough realism for me.

• Upvote 1

Yes, finally, flying it "non-simulated", the only way so far, it can give a lot of pleasure. Recommended!

• Upvote 1

23.png

Guest Johnny767

Hehe, that and a great further collection of superb critisisms that make me REALLY never gonna buy AXE:

"Yeah guys; really good plane, still lacking the main essentials though, no real managed decent..., But still really cool, cockpit color is great..., but it will propably be better with the next upgrade... I don't fly anything else for the moment..."

You can buy the PMDG MD-11 for less than $50, superb automation in a uniquely programmed aircraft that we will never see simulated ever again.

I bought the PMDG J41 today, to tie me over to the T7 and 747v2, I could not care less about a Kinder-egg Bus, we are not going to get a properly modelled bus before FSL cranks out theirs, if they can ever manage to crack the FBW. I love the PMDG MD-11 and I know the guys who made it, so therefore, I rest my case...

Why bother with crappy planes when there are good ones to be had for $45?

I agree, PMDG makes great planes. I'm buying their Airbus, next. Oh wait...you mean they don't have an Airbus 320, 330, nor A340? Ohhhhh, man. Ok, I need another Boeing....I have about 15 already, but I need one more. :P

They can start with the AXE PFD & ND...right now it looks more like the default FSX A320 than the real thing! hardcore? keep on dreaming...no way, it's not even close!

Anyway I'm waiting for FSL A320, now that's hardcore...

Out of curiosity and without that hostile tone some in this thread have had, what exactly is missing from the PFD and ND? I'm not fishing for a list of abnormal error messages and manual law override and such, I'm thinking about regular day to day stuff.

I agree, PMDG makes great planes. I'm buying their Airbus, next. Oh wait...you mean they don't have an Airbus 320, 330, nor A340? Ohhhhh, man. Ok, I need another Boeing....I have about 15 already, but I need one more. :P

100% correct. Neither does anyone else.

Unless you think Tinkywinky is a real black bear living in the Alaskan mountains.

• Upvote 1

23.png

Amazing.

The AXE is the best bus out there IMO. And if you have a little bit of patience and basic 3rd grade math skills, you can get down from FL with the best of them. I do it all day long with the same descent paths as NGX drivers.

The program, sit back and watch it takeoff, fly, descend, and land is not modeled, but it is still great.

IMO, and only my opinion, I don't see the fun in every single flight flying a monitor and no other control. Plus, on vatsim where I fly, you don't let the plane do what it wants anyways.

Out of curiosity and without that hostile tone some in this thread have had, what exactly is missing from the PFD and ND? I'm not fishing for a list of abnormal error messages and manual law override and such, I'm thinking about regular day to day stuff.

Take a look at those pictures: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/399805-bbs-airbus-ver1/page__st__25

Yeah, you know guys, if you don't want a simulation, just an arcade game, something that looks like an abus at sundawn, why do you spend money on it at all? You can make a paint for any of the default jets in FSX in 87 minutes, squint your eyes a little, and you are golden.

All I hear is excuses like; if you know your math, if you just wanna have fun, if you don't care, oh, I actually like to fly with no autopilot, VNAV is really not that important, neither is LNAV come to think of it, don't I have hands..? I am a happy-go-lucky guy, does it really matter - blablabla.

I support all of that 100%, everyone for his own, but to be honest, what are we really talking about?

If I am forking out any money at all for an aircraft for my simulator, I would be really p***** if someone used any of the excuses mentioned in this thread to trick me out of my money... As long as there was an actual name on "the box" that I bought.

• Upvote 2

23.png

Exactly. If we didn't require LNAV and VNAV why would we even bother buying addons... Default A/C can be flown like that.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Why don't we just "fly" this bird if we like it, or not "fly" if we don't like it? What difference does it make to convince others that it is either "hard core" or "unrealistic"? I have it and like it a lot. Is it "hard core"? Probably not, but what is when we're sitting at a PC monitor? FSX is many thing to many people.....

Thanks, Bruce.

That is exactly what we do Bruce, and we exchange opinions about it here on this forum ;)

23.png

That is exactly what we do Bruce, and we exchange opinions about it here on this forum ;)

Yeah- I know, sorry, the OP had a great post but it just seemed to morph into "yes it is" or "no it isn't"..... my bad :)

Wise move. If you're the kinda of guy that takes the time to read FCOM and/or knows how the real thing works and expects it to behave correctly you'll be VERY disappointed.

Many many many things, systemwise, ain't right.

And I thought he was hardcore.