Sign in to follow this  
maxter

FSGenesys!!! Is this really free stuff???

Hello Gang!I noticed all of the 38.2 resolution mesh available for the whole USA on the library by FSGenesys. Is this really free???? When you go to their website, most things are payware.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest wathomas777

Yes. However, you don't get any updates or CD's.People who have purchased FSGenesis products get Free CD's and Free updates "basically for life".Enjoy the free samples, and if you like the quality then go to FSGenesis and take advantage of one of the best values your FS Addon dollar can buy.(A galaxy lifetime membership is about $150 bucks and you get Everything he ever makes free with free updates for as long as FSGenesis still is around (and they have been around for almost 6 years now and stronger now then ever)

Guest CargoMun

The whole West coast was released in same fashion quite a few months ago - also available at AVSim library. Thats something worth checking out as well :)

Can someone explain what mesh does? Between mesh and landclass it's confusing.

Guest Robert J

THANKS Michael JRobert J

Im a big believer in Justins stuff. I own the USA landclass and enjoy it. Im a little confused though by this mesh release. I have some mesh that I have used since FS2002 that is divided similarly into groups like "savannah" "lookout mountain" etc. However I cant remember who did the mesh and if this is a replacement or something totally separate. I have not been unhappy with what I had so may wait a bit to understand more about what this mesh is and why it was released...is it a demo of a product? Im grateful in any case because Justins work is excellent. But am not sure if I need it or not.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest SoarPics

It's a gift to the community, Eric. A gift from Justin to us.If you already have those files, then chances are you already have the package.I bought before he started giving these "gifts" but I've enjoyed the mesh so much that I couldn't ever think about being unhappy now that it's freeware. Plus I've taken advantage of some of his other "gifts" (his 9.6M Yosemite mesh comes to mind). When I think about how many hours I've spent simming with Justin's mesh I just grin about what a great deal it's proven to be for me.It's truly outstanding mesh, and anyone who is reluctant to try it should jump on the stuff. Gifts like this don't come along very often.Kudos to Justin,Greg

I think Justins work is wonderful. Holger Sandmanns too. They have both added a lot of joy to my simming. Explain one thing to me though... everybody refers to 9.6M, 38 M mesh etc...which is best? Whats the difference between the sizes? I've been simming a loooonng time...and hate to admit I dont fully understand this! :-)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest CargoMun

AFAIK 38M is the best available for FS2004 - 9.6M is best for FS2002, whereas 76M is 3rd best for both.9.6M wont show up in FS2004 apparently and will only be shown as 38M.Its all to do with how high resolution the mesh is, accurate down to a certain height.Sorry if I cant make it alot clearer Im not a mesh designer :)

Guest dfreed

Very Nice!! Thank you Justin, and thank you AVSIM. It's very generous of both of you.

So the 9.6M refers to the distance between the points in the mesh im meters? I doubt, though, that it refers to all three axes (x,y,z), but only to the x and y values. The Z component is the Elevation Data of a certain point, so 76 meters accuracy in the horizontal axis would be very bad! Just imagine all the misaligned airports and lakes 76m accuracy would create!Can a mesh designer tell us how accurate the elevation data is?Claudio

Guest firehawk44

I'm a little confused and have a couple of questions for the scenery experts out there. I installed USA Extreme Landscapes developed by Justin which is excellent IMHO. It's the only Landscape type scenery I have added. In my SceneryWorldScenery directory I appear to have duplicate .bgl's for the same area. For instance, I have the following .bgl's for Chicago:dem38m_usap_chicago.bgldem76m_usgp_chicago.bgl And for Lake Superior:dem38m_usap_lakesuperior.bgldem76m_usgp_lakesuperior.bglThese are a couple of examples. I downloaded the 38M scenery for Chicago today and it contains dem38m_usgp_chicago.bgl.Can I place this bgl in my scenery folder and delete the dem76m scenery for Chicago? Can I delete any duplicate scenery? Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice.Jim Young