Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Anoxia

Guest JeanLuc_

I would suggest you then try flying the Meridian with the bleed lever in the off position and go above 12000ft...Hope this help!

>Flight1's DC9 has this extremely annoying alarm that sounds as>soon as you pass 6000ft I believe...not much but still>something to at least give some sort of consequence for not>operating the pressurization system properly. In that respect,>it is quite educational.Actually, all of our aircraft have a really loud, obnoxious and throughly annoying alarm and flashing "Master Warning" light that is activated whenever the PIC doesn't follow proper procedures...That is as far as we're willing to take it, for the very reasons already cited - more than once.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest LLgaz

To be honest, I really wasn't thinking too much about you at Eaglesoft in this regard because I do know your philosophy. I have your Hawker, and CitationX. I have lots of fun with both. They are fun to fly and have just enough systems modelled to keep them fun.When I talk about innovation in this regard, (systems) I'm thinking more along the lines of PMDG and the PIC team for the most part. For example you've already stated that you won't do a fully functional FMC. That's quite alright. I still purchase your products and I still enjoy them. One day, when someone discovers a method of making it so easy to include a full FMC that even freeware will come with one, then I'm sure your products will have one too. In this community, someone must lead the way making it easier for others to follow. We all benecfit in the end.Keep the blue side up. I'm about to leave FL450 in the CitationX.

>To be honest, I really wasn't thinking too much about you at>Eaglesoft in this regard because I do know your philosophy. I>have your Hawker, and CitationX. I have lots of fun with both.>They are fun to fly and have just enough systems modelled to>keep them fun.>>When I talk about innovation in this regard, (systems) I'm>thinking more along the lines of PMDG and the PIC team for the>most part. For example you've already stated that you won't do>a fully functional FMC. That's quite alright. I still purchase>your products and I still enjoy them. One day, when someone>discovers a method of making it so easy to include a full FMC>that even freeware will come with one, then I'm sure your>products will have one too. In this community, someone must>lead the way making it easier for others to follow. We all>benecfit in the end.>>Keep the blue side up. I'm about to leave FL450 in the>CitationX. Just to update those interested....when we do provide an FMC for our jets they will be specific for each jet and be available as standalone addons for each plane. The PFD/MFD will also be upgraded in the same package:-)Our Avidyne Entegra for the Cirrus SR20 and SR22 will indeed be innovative:-)Until then please continue having fun with our planes:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>I can't resist :)>>You can allways rever the effect using the lovely Darth Vader>Sound. >>Jos

Guest Peter Sidoli

Having read these threads and being a Pilot who flies unpressurised twins at levels around FL200 as well as being a current Citation Pilot (just taking a captains position on a Citation Bravo)I would like to add my bit to this discussion.Firstly we think of Hypoxia in this context as a massive decompression at FL410.A real decompression at that level would be something I wouldnt want to contemplete although we practice it enough.The air would literally be sucked out of your lungs in seconds probably causing damage to them.The same would probably happen to the other airspaces in your body like your ears and sinuses.Even if you got the oxygen mask on your balance would probably be so impaired that you would find it difficult to fly the plane.The effects of hypoxia are apparent at 5000 feet where your night vision starts to deteriorate and increases slowly as you climb.On one flight in the Seneca at FL170 on a single pilot aircraft I had a co-pilot who claimed he could handle that altitude with no effects and didnt use oxygen to prove his point.His thinking was muddled. I told him to turn to west and he went to North he acted like someone with dementia yet he didnt know it!I am all for modelling the sim to reality but only if that reality is modelled in a detailed way.If its not then the modelling becomes a game, candy a gimmick.As a further point the biggest thing missing in our sims is fear.At sometime that will have to be addressed by more accurate living weather and its effects as well as all the other realities of operating in a hostile invironment where a wroung descision can mean the end of your life.Peter

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Firstly we think of Hypoxia in this context as a massive decompression at FL410.A real decompression at that level would be something I wouldnt want to contemplete although we practice it enough.The air would literally be sucked out of your lungs in seconds probably causing damage to them.The same would probably happen to the other airspaces in your body like your ears and sinuses.Even if you got the oxygen mask on your balance would probably be so impaired that you would find it difficult to fly the plane.<<<>>>The effects of hypoxia are apparent at 5000 feet where your night vision starts to deteriorate and increases slowly as you climb.<<<>>>On one flight in the Seneca at FL170 on a single pilot aircraft I had a co-pilot who claimed he could handle that altitude with no effects and didn

Guest Peter Sidoli

DouglasI agree with your comments re modelling aircraft accidents and catastrophies.By fear I am not referring to extreme fear panic of being in an awful situation but the natural caution caused by dealing with situations which may hold an aspect of risk.This is mainly weather related as weather is unpredictable in many ways.Take the simple and pretty shot I have added from a recent flight to Slovenia.On my left there was a complete wall of CB activity. This was over London and the south East of the UK.The aircraft was at FL120.I really wanted to keep away from that wall and needed to travel some 50 miles before turning on track to the left.London control wanted me to turn left yet I knew from experience the result of doing so.Entering cloud, feeling the buffet, the darkening of the cloud then that searing sound of rain hitting the airframe and quick ice build up.The increased buffeting followed by physically lifting out of your seat as you hit a severe downdraft.Autopilot disengaged. power reduced to slow down the aircraft to ride the weather.I have been there before even with a lightning strike.Try and negotiate with ATC until they can negotiate no more and you are scanning the radar looking for a way through.You find a way but know that radar is limited on small twins. What is beyond the more accurate 20 mile range.You turn left into cloud, IMC and wait.....Yes the clouds go dark, searing sound for a few seconds, no ice, gentle buffeting while scanning the radar and stormscope after minutes the relief as you burst back into blue sky the wall now behind.This is what I mean and a small example of what is lacking in FSPeterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/90309.jpg

Guest Douglas K

>>>> By fear I am not referring to extreme fear panic of being in an awful situation <<<