Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

start counter jumps to 71

Hey folks, as the title suggests -

My counter resets itself and jumps to 71 -

twice its happened now,

first i set up at a gate, ten change to 2d panel(in default a/c) then i select which md11 i am using, - start fs2crew, once its started i then choose VC.

FYI - i have been flying eastbound round the world and have got to new zealand (after 11 legs) - as i say thats twice its done it now, any ideas?

I have just reinstalled it, as something went wrong with my fs2crew cold and dark - it was loading up a warm state, maybe i strangely overwritten it with a warm state by accident - i just cant remember seeing an "overwrite protection"

Thanks guys

Paul

EDIT: Wit this second install - after i have installed the voice packs and start the start centre, i get a "install language pack" dialogue - it seems as if this start centre is different to the one i had installed before as they language pack options were not there.

at the top there is voice sets

then below left is the md11 options, then to the right is the keyboard joystick options.

Thanks

Hi Brian, tanks for your reply.

Its only happened twice - i did post a screenie, but dont know why its not posted - the counter was at 51, only because i just kept clicking it down.

I downloaded a fresh download, and its showin how its supposed to - i dont understand how it originally sowed properly, ten all of a sudden - using the same download, it "changed".

I will give it a few fresh runs in the morning.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Brian,

With the above link you gave, every time I install it, I get the screen I was talking about (I think the old version of the start centre.

When I first installed it just after you linked me, it was fine - I did not have the "international voice sets" along the top of the dialogue box, - now every time I install it using the link, - I somehow get the voice sets options.

Also this counter issue has arose again (I haven't used fs2 crew for a week or so due to other pc problems).

Any advice?

UAC is off(down) I have tried running all installers normally AND as admin to no avail.

Regards

Paul

Ok I installed fs2crew again this morning, and when I ran the main installer the 2008 version of start centre installed with it and it displays correctly, so I then installed the update, the international voice set then the start centre 2009, and the start centre that shows is the one like I pictured above, with the voice set in "md11 voice sets"

Hey brian thx.

You can.see on the photo though that april 2009 shows the old strt centre and vice versa. I reinstalled windows last night again so hopefully a clean install will do it.

Would it be that much of an issue to use 2008 start centre should it do it again?

I did notice on a couple of occasions when i installed 2009, there were 2 start centers in add/remove programs

to add, when I try reinstalling the fs2crew set up just after I have clicked start I get a message saying "one or more files are write protected. do you want to overwrite them anyway?"

Yes, over-write them.

Your only issue is that on odd occasion to the pre-flight timer starts at 71...

Very hard to guess..

Try uninstalling the MD-11 again, then re-installing FS2Crew.

As you mentioned, I think something may be wrong with your panel state file, maybe.

Hi Brian, thanks

I have reinstalled the md11, in fact I went as far as reinstalling windows, - if this could be another clue - wen I do run fs2crew - for the 19 seconds or so that it initialises, there is massive head blinding flickering of the whole screen.

Does the md11 have to be in 2D panel just when fs2 crew is started or does it have to be in 2D panel (ie load another A/C - set 2D then load up the md11?)

I just cant get how on one occasion the start centre for 2009 installed correctly giving my the 4 options(key and panel states) along the top, and no voice set options.

Would tere be a problem with using the 2008 start centre, or is that a no-no? could you see on the above pics that the 2009 version sows the "wrong" start centre?

Regards

Paul

I meant to add, - when I do go to 2D panel ion another A/C first and then select the MD11, I have other panels on the secondary monitor (3 panels to be sure)

Hi Paul,

Blinking:  Don't know.  Sounds hardware/monitor/driver related.

2D panel.  You should be in the 2D panel when the MD-11 loads.

Try this:

Load Cessna

Be in the 2D cockpit

Load the MD-11

Open FS2Crew Panel

Switch to VC if desired

For the Start Center:  You can use any version, but you should use the one that has the Voice Sets available (assuming you want to use the different voice sets).

Hey Brian thanks, - I wasn't sure if it had to be in 2D panel then load the md11 or in 2D panel when fs2 crew was started.

I installed the voice sets, from the installer and I am using 2009 start centre (that's whats in my start menu anyway)- even though the voice sets are along the top - I don't think it makes any difference tbh, although in the version that has the voice sets along the top, they are "blanked out" ie unclickable.

thanks for all your help.

Regards