Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

FAO alacrity users ( PAUL J)

I am looking to cut down on the number of processes that are running, and hoping someone could assist on

1) how to work it and

2) what's safe to turn off.

WTM shows me running 42 processes at the moment, but I do have this IE page open.

Strangely, I had it installed, and uninstalled it, but now cant get it reinstalled, due to insufficient privileges

Thanks

Paul

Ok I have got it installed in MSCONFIG all I have in startup is :

MSSECES.EXE hide runkey  and intels rapid storage technology(delayed launcher)

In services I have :

just the rapid storage technology (that's with Microsoft services hidden.)

Answered via a long pm....

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi ph.

Im actually at 42 services and im happy with that so i am not going to bother anymore. Especially as i am not THAT aware of whats needed etc.

Its fine googling things but google may not say what other services are needed for other services.

Obvious ones, like auto update, msn etc etc have been disabled and thats as far as i am prepared to go i think.

Thanks

Hey Ph,

Paul had already told me about BV, - I had a look at his windows 7 optimisations, and I have shut a couple of silly processes - taskbar stuff, but that's as far as im oin wit it - I don't understand all this "relies on this to run etc etc - even googling would take me too long lol, - in time I may grow a pair and have another attempt.

Thanks

Paul