Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Andrej Urosevic's great towers

Guys, Andrej Urosevic has created some really excellent looking towers for various airfields. These look fantastic, but as they are macros, are for scenery construction. Is anybody using these and is there any uploaded scenery with these? I'd love to use these but have no idea how.ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

yeah, Eric I saw those and they do look really nice. Especially liked the comparison shots, very cool.None of the scenery I am working on uses those types of towers, plus I made my own. You can always install FSSC (in the library) and put them in anywhere you'd like, with the built in tutorial it is pretty easy.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I questioned Andrej quite awhile ago about "why they were not providing there outputs in FS2004 format". Andrej indicated they were looking into it. I see they never reached that point.What is confusing to me is they are making these objects with GMAX, exporting them, then use FSREGEN to make API objects. Since they already have GMAX installed, all it would take is installing the FS2004 GMAX_SDK to export the very same files as Scenery Objects (*.mdl and *.xml). A group of these could be made into a Scenery Library as Library Objects for use directly in FS2004.A good example of this method is jetways2.zip and fedextks.zip. I know how easy it is to export and compile the files into Library Objects, since I helped Shez Ansari put together the jetways2 files.It is a shame these objects are not offered in the FS2004 format. I believe it is time to move on to the new style.W. Sieffert

Guest aerokravetina

All true answers are simple answers. As a group we are involved in many multidiscipline projects, many of them not related to aviation, consquently not to the flight simulation. When we wanted to see how it would look what we project we used 3Dmax, autocad or else. As we like yo play, we were flying arround in FS2000, then in FS2002. Once we discovered that visual components of some of our projects vere much easier to be displaued in FS2002 then in other way. For example if some one of us is going on the field geology project, it is more easy to fix terrain in FS, and theh to observe possible explore paths then to be surprised in real conditions. Or when we are to se how it would be to put selfpropelled hail-suppression battery in the field and avoid general aviation, what was more easy then to make scenery for FS2002. To see outlook of new bridge project in our city, just put the bridge in FS. Instead of painfull work building objects and animations with low interactivity rate we simply used FS2002. For education of kids, FS 2002 was something. Geography, Geomorphlogy, after fixing terrain, Siple geometry and mapping using EOD as introduction to vectored graphics at first, not to mention aviaton basic knowledge like what are main components of an airport by makin you own one, are just some of the education fields one can use FS2002. Also we used simple tools like EOD, FSSC, FSDEM, MICRODEM, SCASM, etc. we ver playing with making cockpits, changing air and config files, making for example MiG-29 to fly VTOL. Macros I make are jus additional value, so we share them. Then come FS2004. We vere not prepared for changes. Changing of layers, air files, and back to Gmax. What is next? Just kidding. Yes we are learning once again Gmax, XML, etc. As a group with wide area of design work, whenever we do not do something that is advanced, answer is simple: we do not know how to do that yet. We do not make macros in Gmax, but either in EOD or writing is scasm code. Mr W. Sieffert told us about problem, and we are gratefull. We have seen the mentioned excellent library files by Mr William Sieffert and Mr Shehryar Ansarind, but we are still trying to fix it in our heads. As we see Mr W. Sieffert, sharing his knowledge, is just like us. So I hope we will cooperate in future. We still do not understand why to make macros as mdls, but I guess there must be reason, when people do that. Anyway FS itself and people gathering around is maybe the best thing happened that I know. We as a group have a goal to gather creative people, and when that happen results are always over expectations. FS makes that in huge. As long as people like Ludovise, Leung, Mr Sieffert and all other gather and share knowledge there is hope. So to resume, we do not know yet all, to upload something of quallity. We are not that good yet. We have more to learn. Thanks for the comments. For the IRD group, Andrej Urosevic, aerokravetina@yahoo.comP.S. aerokravetina in my language means aircow

>It is a shame these objects are not offered in the FS2004>format. I believe it is time to move on to the new style.Or even simply as an .x file that could then be custom placed with FS2002 MakeMDL in the 'old style' .bgl... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Andrej,It was Microsoft's choice to make scenery objects as model (*.mdl) files using the FS2004_GMAX_SDK gamepack. In essence, it is nearly similiar to the FS2002 API method using GMAX/FSREGEN. They both make library objects that can be called by known parameters.Lastly, please accept my humble apologies since I thought you were making the Library Objects with GMAX. If you are making them with GMAX, please provide me with one of the *.gmax files and I will return a compatible FS2004 library object file.wsieffert@cfl.rr.comW. Sieffert

Guest aerokravetina

Hi Williamno need to for you apologie because my answer to you was one clumsy message*:-*, but I agree with your comments, so as soon we finish something of iterest in GMAX we are sending you file:-)Greetings to all other people here.Andrej