Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

New freeware Tu-114 is amazing!

Guest oyvindhansen

Thank you very much to Sandim and the team for taking on such an interesting subject! This will certainly become one of those classic freeware aircrafts.Also this aircraft feels like nothing else I have encountered. Kinda reminds me of a boat with all the space.-

Guest Zevious Zoquis

whoa man, this is a meaty one! Another freeware work that elicits a big WOW!

Guest Darren Howie

Yep this Tu114 is incredible.Once again Russians have proved the best at popping out an exceptional aircraft which has huge detail and yet still has great FPS.Great FDE and an all round ripper package and free to boot.They really know how to do it!!Darren

Guest danowat

Yep, its truely awesome, THANKS SAMDIM!!!!Boy is the beast quick aswell!!!.And freeware to boot, very, very good, I see that they accept donations on their site, I think its that good that I might even wing a little donation their way for all the hours work they have put in.I mean, look at the documentation, a labour of love thats for sureDan.

Guest jaapverduijn

The window icing is quite spectacular, especially from the navigators position! Wow! What a beautiful add-on!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Gdavis101

The plane is absolutely awsome! What a treat!

What a beast! And what range. Took off from Seattle and am currently enroute to Moscow. Got all the way to Norway before a need to refuel. I think if true polar route were available, no need for this! KSEA-UUEE in one go! Wow.Very interesting airplane. I dont fly long range very often, but am a sucker for anything with props. Turboprop, but still vintage!Also the panel has russian lettering but the mouseovers are in english, this was invaluable to helping me learn the beast.ERic

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Darren Howie

Wondering if they would make a Bear.Given same engines etc it would be a natural addon from the 114.Great effort and i'll be sending them a few dollars of appreciation.Darren

Guest Dakota

What an incredible plane. Thank you. I love just starting the engines and watching those huge counter-rotating props begin to spin along with the great sound. Oh and by the way, it flies good too.

>Wondering if they would make a Bear.>Given same engines etc it would be a natural addon from the>114.Sorry, no.Bear is not so close to Tu-114 as it seems. The fuselage is completely different, the tail is different. The wings are a little different, especially the flaps. Engines are fixed differently, there are three or four differences in the main gear and the front gear has nothing in common. But what makes it really difficult to do is that the VC should be done from scratch - not a single thing is common to Tu-114.Given that FS is a civil simulator, we won't spend so much effort for such an update. We'll better continue with Tu-134 and Yak-42.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png