Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

random rerouting

Hey folks,

I started a flight egpf-lemg earlier when fs2crew announced that someone had had a heart attack,

So how do I go about reprogramming my fmc for that? - I did try land at eghh, - I put the ils freq and rwy heading in nav raid and I put eghh in as my alternate, is this all I do?

Thanks

Paul

I would, in this order:

- Declare a PAN message to ATC, with the nature of the problem and ask for vectors to the nearest suitable airfield (EGHH in this case).

- Start an Idle Clamp descent and Selected Heading on vectors as soon as cleared to do so.

- Do the descent checklist

- On the MCDU open a LAT REV on the Active Flight Plan and enter EGHH into the New Destination field. Enter a suitable Nav fix between your PPOS and the new destination, Delete the discontinuities, choose your landing runway and approach from the chosen intermediate fix and you should be on your way.

- continue as a normal approach, but expedited when safe and possible to do so, and make sure you know exactly where to go when you land.

- Don't rush. One person dead from natural causes is the preferable option to hundreds of deaths from impact trauma or burns.

Hope this helps. It might not be exactly right, but it is what I would do faced with a similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks i will do that next time.

I did get down and i had eghh aa my alternate, had my ils freq and rwy hdg in, got told loc was alive and it started to turn right to establish then all of a sudden it turned left(off the rwy heading even tho app was selected on main panel) then i had to turn AP off and manually land it (i dont do manual landings too good ;) )

thanks