Sign in to follow this  
Guest Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

We were delivering the installer via our fast cloud servers and processing the transaction, but the activations were handled by a completely seperate Majestic server not controlled by ourselves. Unfortuantely this activation server was down for a brief period this morning. Any purchases made during this time were not logged and had to be processed by hand, which has now been completed.

The demand for this product really has been unprecedented.

So please clarify, when purchased from JF, is NOW this particular product's installation  handled from JF, or from the so-called separate server.

P.S  I've been very happy with my JF's installs so far

I take it there's no such thing as a Ctrl-E for engine start on this baby?!

No, but start up procedures are rather simple with this bird. 

So please clarify, when purchased from JF, is NOW this particular product's installation  handled from JF, or from the so-called separate server.

At least the installer that you get is not traditional JF installer but Majestic Software one.

No crosswind, clear weather. Rudder is neutral before beginning roll and I don't have rudder pedals, I use auto-rudder but will be getting rudder pedals soon.

I haven't calibrated, is there a manual on how to do it?

Hmmm.

Using auto-rudder may be the problem as it is not able to give the full rudder authority required to help maintain the center-line during the takeoff roll.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I was able to download fine, but am now getting the message "CAN NOT CONNECT TO SERVER" when I try to install.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's going now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Nice shots guys does this bird do auto landing as the ngx does not up on this kind of aircraft - oh also I have to buy navgraph to do auto landing ? thank you

Rich Sennett

Frustrating three hours..trying to authorize this install...and still getting..NO order found ,

then cannot connect the server....then  too short a responce...etc etc etc,

First and last purchase from just flight...with no support over the weekend of the

release is NOT the way this should be put out,

If there were to be problems.. with the installations...why not wait until the support team is available

for solving installation problems...

Totally put off by this experience....never had a purchase go this bad in years,

Best Regards

Don Nelson

So please clarify, when purchased from JF, is NOW this particular product's installation handled from JF, or from the so-called separate server.

P.S I've been very happy with my JF's installs so far

The installer is by Majestic and the unlocks will always be handled by Majestic. However, their bandwidth issues have been resolved and people can purchase with confidence.

Karl,

When we said you have to stay on top of her we meant it.  After takeoff and into any phase of flight slight adjustments to rudder trim are necessary (as in the real aicraft) to maintain straight and level flight.

Yea, no kidding  :lol:

You guys have done an amazing job with this aircraft. Now to learn the correct way of doing things, and how to program a full flight.  B)

No crosswind, clear weather. Rudder is neutral before beginning roll and I don't have rudder pedals, I use auto-rudder but will be getting rudder pedals soon.

I haven't calibrated, is there a manual on how to do it?

Your windows calibration, or from within FSX would be sufficient.  Then you can look at the control panel to validate your ranges for each axis.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Frustrating three hours..trying to authorize this install...and still getting..NO order found ,

then cannot connect the server....then  too short a responce...etc etc etc,

First and last purchase from just flight...with no support over the weekend of the

release is NOT the way this should be put out,

If there were to be problems.. with the installations...why not wait until the support team is available

for solving installation problems...

Totally put off by this experience....never had a purchase go this bad in years,

Best Regards

Don Nelson

Hi, the release date was driven by the developers rather than ourselves and you should find that the other outlets are all releasing today as well. Also, if the other sellers had released the product in a similarly timely fashion then you would have had exactly the same issue with purchases from their stores.

Support is on hand (and has been since 7:30am UK time especially for this release). All orders that were lost during the period that the Majestic unlock server was down have been manually processed a short time ago. If you are still experiencing problems then please contact orders@justflight.com and quote your email address and order reference and we will direct it to the developers to have your activation processed manually.

Yea, no kidding  :lol:

You guys have done an amazing job with this aircraft. Now to learn the correct way of doing things, and how to program a full flight.  B)

We have a tutorial that should be out fairly soon, under review at the moment.  However the sample flight included with the Dash will get you up and going to still handle the aircraft effectively.

Banner_MJC8.png

Hey

I was wondering what format flight plans must be in and can you import your flight plans directly from the FMS? (ie. as in COROUTE function on the NGX)?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Simeon can you answer my questions please, thank you.

Rich Sennett

Where can I find the saved flight situation 'CYZD-CYUL Sample Flight' as described in the Tutorial. I cannot find it within the usual directories.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Guest Q_flyer

When I start my take-off roll my aircraft jolts to the left and won't remain on the center of the runway but once I am airborne it is fine. Any ideas?

Everyone else is focusing on Rudders in their answer to this one, but as this is happening on the ground, to me it sounds like you haven't yet set up the "Tiller" control in the Control Panel? 

You know that you cannot steer this aircraft with rudder pedals below 40kts?

Have a look in the control panel.