Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

sdk install issues

Hey folks, cutting a long story sort, - I had issues installing the sp1a and the sdk.msi - I had to take ownership even though my uac is off, I also had a problem with the sp1a - a directory couldn't be found, which I have sorted,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpA50AU4jY   ;  @5.30 just at the oil rig pic, my install stopped saying such and such directory could not be made

Anyways, when I copy the FSX_GmaxGamePack folder @ 0.38 of this <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbGfV0y5HBY

when I go to paste it into the F:\Gmax folder I do not have a fodler named gamepacks; if I create one and paste it in there - I do not have tools in the top tab when I run fsx - I am assuming that's what I am looking for?

any help would be great

Hi Gerry thanks,

Right I have installed it as you said ( I am assuming this is the link you meant to post? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29#FSX_Acceleration_Pack_users )

1. Install the RTM SDK from FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1, (see 2.1.1 FSX Deluxe RTM users instructions above).
  2. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD.
  3. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\
  4. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB).
  5. Browse to the folder called SDK\
  6. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).

the sdk.msi date was different, but I guessed that would not be an issue as the file size is the same?

I did have some difficulty with my cd drive reading some of it(its a brand mew cd drive)

Anyways that's the order I done it, and I still have no tools option in my top tab bar.

Any ideas now?

do I still need ade now that I should be usin this sdk?

Regards

Paul

You need to edit dll.xml to activate the tools that you wish to use:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <------------------
    <Path>F:\FSXSDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled> <-------------------
    <Path>F:\FSXSDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

the sdk.msi date was different, but I guessed that would not be an issue as the file size is the same?

Sorry, but I can't help with that.  My version details match those in the link.

Did editing dll.xml help?

Hey guys thanks, - I have got it fixed - I did edit the true's to false and then had to change the directory to my f\fsx - although that didn't work, - I then had to remove the .. So yh that's it going now. Now whos going to do my scenery for me?? seems far too complicated for lil 'ol me! 5 programs installed and its just to flatten a bit ground for a car park :rolleyes: Regards Paul