Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

EGT too high

With yet another pmdg install, this has happened 3 times in a row: - my failures are off (both fsx and pmdg)

photo 1, is with just as2012 installed, but had not been started(wasn't running) somehow my nav disengaged and is struggles to stay in cruise(despite being above my alt in one pic)

Photo 2 is  with it doing it again, but the photo is with active sky just been run, and then my egt went down.

Any ideas?

The TAT is way too high on the first pic.

Marc ter Heide

is with just as2012 installed, but had not been started(wasn't running) somehow my nav disengaged and is struggles to stay in cruise(despite being above my alt in one pic)

As Macter stated, the EGT is too high. Not sure why that is happening. Did you download the weather through FSX and not AS2012?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hey guys thanks, - fsx weather is always on user defined and not fs weather -

I did notice the temp went from + 43 to -22 when as2012 was run though, and yes the egt was high in the second pic which reduced when as2012 was run.

I have flown 150 flights or so with tis9maybe 20 or so with as2012)  and have never had this, and I vary my weather to suit my mood - fs thunderstorms, jepps weather and so on, but it mostly(70%) was real word weather.

To Add, most probably nothing, whether it was a cold and dark start or as fs gives you it, I also had air bleed issues for each of them flights, which is new on me also, but I always took off with it rectified.

Thanks

Paul

Looks like your weather temperature is causing issues. Are you using FSInn at all?

Hey sig thanks, no I don't go online - too many difficulties getting fsinn to install properly, if it doesn't install first time round I get tcas.dll errors and others.

I am just about to start another flight any minute now just to see if it will do it again, im sure I will be back soon.

Ok if it means anything, I just went to take off there, warm start on the runway - flight plan in and all set to go - if I give it any more than 70% throttle I get an (air) "all bleeds off" this is something that has been happening since this last install also, (5 or 6 flights)
elated? I do not know otherwise. these last few times its happened, I just took off, hit it on manual system, hit my bleed air buttons put my packs back on and then hit auto, and the bleeds stayed off - avionics fan override is also on.
Even using fs2crew this is happening.

Also if it means anything, I do not get any call outs whatsoever, v1- gear up etc etc

Ok after just having checked the options, - gps/gns wasn't checked - even though it should have been. F/O callouts IS checked

Now @ 3000ft - all's fine, bleeds are as normal, even though I have not had to do the above - although its +19 outside, - (it shouldn't be)

+22c @8000FT EGT @ 800 user defined weather" temp shows 46deg f - which in my maths is not 22c  

FL180 temp is +35 egt is 940

EDIT: I just changed the weather theme to clear skies for fs and its went to normal, then back to user defined and its -6 outside @ FL240, eft @680 - seems more normal to me now, so it appears when user defined is default loading is when the issue arises - once again, its never done that before, yet user defined is always selected.

-13 @FL270, so yh seems normal now.

fs Paused and active sky started = active sky shows temp should be - 48.7 yet fs is showing just -26

Fs weather shows it should be -45f outside dew point -63f

According to the QRH:

Alert: BLEEDS ALL OFF

Description: All three bleeds have been turned OFF for a bleeds off takeoff.

It's normal, and you don't need to correct it.

Marc ter Heide

ok, thanks for that, why would this just start happening then? its never done that on the 150+ flights I have done before? what about the high egt and the high tat?

I just took off, hit it on manual system, hit my bleed air buttons put my packs back on and then hit auto, and the bleeds stayed off

On the TAKEOFF REF page, just select the packs on. When the air system shuts down the packs, the engines will perform better.

The blue alert (similar to the EICAS memo on the 744, 748, 764, and 777) informs you of normal actions that do not need any pilot intervention.

avionics fan override is also on.

The fan is normally off during normal operations. If the cooling flow is below minimum the fan will turn on to cool down the avionics. Make sure the air conditioning system and bleeds are on after takeoff.

I do not get any call outs whatsoever, v1- gear up etc etc

If the TAKEOFF REF page completed with a route programmed? You won't get the speed callouts if it isn't.

although its +19 outside, - (it shouldn't be)

TAT is not the same as the outside temperature. To get the outside temperature, select the PROGRESS 1/2 page if I remember correctly.

46deg f - which in my maths is not 22c

46 degrees F is 7.777777777777778 degrees C (for people that don't know how to convert temperatures (like me)). :blush:

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hey Kenny, thanks

Ok its kind of all noted, except, why has this just started doing it? every other install(believe me there has been many) has not done this.

Yes I have always do my vspeeds confirmed, - if I am using fs2crew, then I still confirm them but the call outs is disabled in menu

Any ideas as to why this this "bleeds off take off" has just started happening?

What happens when you try the same flight (route, weights etc) with no weather (built in clear all wether theme)?

Hey Karl, - its just the same., even with clear weather checked.

I have no idea why its just happened, - as I say, after MANY installs, and many flights, this is the first I have came across it, doing a flight just now egph-leal, and it again done it, - ok so its not that big a deal, I can workaround it, i'm just baffled as to why its doing it now, after all this time.

Is there not something in pmdg options that I should check? even though I always just do the usual - disable call outs etc as I use fs2crew, - also I noticed my deflective ailerons don't activate, yet the box is checked.

I haven't flown the MD11 for a good few months so you'll have to forgive me if I end up talking out of my arse...

I seem to recall that the MD11 defaults to a "Packs Off" takeoff as found on the TAKEOFF REF page, and I usually end up turning them back on unless I'm heavily loaded. As for getting an EDA of "BLEEDS ALL OFF" I've never seen that before, or at least I don't think I've seen this before. I presumed a Packs "OFF" would leave the bleeds on but packs off. I'm not sure how the MD11 controllers deal with this.

Paul,

on a different note, whatever happened to your PFD colours? Did you set them that way deliberately?

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Burkhard