Sign in to follow this  
nrcapes

ILS mis-alignment

I'm not going to get into a flame on this, but you are incorrect about an ILS not being aligned with a runway. See the AIM.

I suggest you see KJFK 22R

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

To get back on topic, the Flight1 registry repair tool might help here. It usually comes up in discussions about misaligned localisers. Of course, your registry might be fine, but it won't hurt to try.

Regards,

PD

Make sure your ILS isn't misaligned to begin with...I had that trouble with KBOS -- there is actually a real offset to begin with! 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

None of this really matters because we don't fly instrument procedures with the compass.

But bearings on approach charts are given in magnetic

but you are incorrect about an ILS not being aligned with a runway. See the AIM. You may be thinking of an LDA.

The difference between the alignment of an ILS localiser and the runway alignment may be up to 5 degrees. Nevertheless, it is still an ILS

No matter which airport or which ILS approach, or which aircraft, with autopilot and approach hold on, the localizer is mis-aligned with the runway, so I have to do a slight left bank right before landing.

Had the same issue recently. In my case it was fixed by using the Flight1 registry repair tool available at http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Marc ter Heide

The misalignment thing is old news. It's very common and happens at many airports and runways in FSX. We see all kinds of "fixes" but in the end it's just a fact of life or simulation.

<p>Meh...was gonna get into it but why bother.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>To the OP..Hope the link above helps you out</p>

The very useful MagVar corrections are here to be found ;)

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Thank you!  That solved my problem. Before running the navaid corrector, putting the aircraft on rwy 4 at KLGA had the nose pointing one degree to the right of centerline. Now it is smack on!

The very useful MagVar corrections are here to be found ;)

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Thank you! That solved my problem. Before running the navaid corrector, putting the aircraft on rwy 4 at KLGA had the nose pointing one degree to the right of centerline. Now it is smack on!

Great, happy to be able to assist :)

23.png