Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview!

Speaking of sounds how come there is this loud rushing noise towards the end of a GE start cycle? Is it excess bleed air from start that is being vented or something?

Oh I wanted to write one thing about EFB's in simland. First off, we're "sitting" in a VC that's on a 2D monitor, usually around 21-40" diagonal. The EFB is quite tiny on an already tiny VC total area. I prefer my charts on a 2nd monitor, or iPad (I've got a phone/tablet but pad works better). There's no way you would be able to clearly make out the taxiway designations or all the text on an IAP unless you made a custom fixed view with EZCA or something. In which case what's the point of having an EFB in the VC? Even if they did make a realistic version it wouldn't be very practical.

Thats a good idea! 

It would be great if there was an application PMDG developed (I know they probably wont, probably too much to do with all these aircraft) that would utilise the EFB on the iPad. 

If you have time to make a video teaser before release that would be nice.

No no no no ... dont distract them, they can make one AFTER release.

spacer.png

Hi,

Regarding the EFB, it's not only a chart viewer like previously said. If it was that there would be no interest in having it for sure, because the display would be really small.

What I'd like to see is the takeoff calculations which are also provided by the EFB if I'm not wrong.

And for that, I agree with PMDG's policy on the fact it should be done as realistically as possible.

And as it may take so time to enter all the necessary data (only a guess, I'm not a programmer), I wouldn't like to see it pushing the release away as it is not crucial for the flight.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

will the weather be displayed ?

MICHAEL R CARANGELO

CYUL/

will the weather be displayed ?

MICHAEL R CARANGELO

CYUL/

Just to save PMDG the trouble; They have said time and time again that they will NOT be adding a weather radar...

Can't we just skip the video preview so there is less time between now and the release?  :ph34r:

Just to save PMDG the trouble; They have said time and time again that they will NOT be adding a weather radar...

Correct...but they could if they wanted.  Just interface with REX or ASE.

spacer.png

I am so ready for the T7 and get these threads behind us.

Harry Nelson

Agreed, would be awesome to skip any videos or more images and devote that time for the release of this amazing plane. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I am so ready for the T7 and get these threads behind us.

Agreed.

spacer.png

Me too.  B)

I'm thinking of making this a challenge tho...  Maybe we won't release the 777 until we can get everyone in this forum to sign their posts for a week...

Yeah... you know... 

"Hey, Ryan?  I have an idea..............."

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm thinking of making this a challenge tho...  Maybe we won't release the 777 until we can get everyone in this forum to sign their posts for a week...

:Thinking:  Good idea! :He He:

Correct...but they could if they wanted.  Just interface with REX or ASE.

You still don't get it do you?

Even interfacing with ASE or REX, FSX doesn't know where the drops of water are on the FSX world, hence the problem with making a realistic weather radar.