Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview!

Can we have an ils only model?

I can only fly ils approaches, so you can forget about ndb/vor approaches if you like - does this mean I can get a discount? or can I even get it early? after all I wont be using not even a quarter of its features - I only need the bare essentials :)(roll's eye's)

Oh wait - I cant even do step climbs/descents - surely that DOES qualify for an early release for me??

Changing the subject - all my emoticons have been disabled, - is everyone's like that or is it just me?

Correct...but they could if they wanted.  Just interface with REX or ASE.

"Just interface" with a program we didn't write that doesn't actually offer realistic radar data itself (it's a weather-website style overhead map in both cases - we need something that depicts the 3D structure of precipitation cells to simulate radar correctly) or any API/SDK for accessing said data. Also let's make a major feature of our addon dependent on purchasing another $50 addon. Why didn't we think of that before?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Changing the subject - all my emoticons have been disabled, - is everyone's like that or is it just me?

When you go to reply next time, click on More Reply Options, and it'll bring you to another screen.  To the right of the text input box, there are three checkboxes.  Re-check (tick, whatever fits the region) the box for emoticons.

It always happens to me after I quote regs, because when I type B  ), it becomes B).

It definitely makes your citation of the regs seem that much more noteworthy, let me tell you.

Kyle Rodgers

Anyone who mentions weather radar should have their order delayed for a week (except for me of course!)  :lol:

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i7-13700KF  Gigabyte Z790 RTX-4060-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'm thinking of making this a challenge tho... Maybe we won't release the 777 until we can get everyone in this forum to sign their posts for a week...

Mr. RSR,

I think that this challenge would cause an undue hardship on most of the members of this Forum....as most of us do sign their posts... :ph34r:  :wub:

Harry Nelson

Question about the exterior screenshots. I really love how the lights reflect off the ground, are you using any special add on or post processing in these images for the exterior lighting, such as REX, Redux 3D lights or photoshop enhancements? Or are the pictures taken on a bare minimum install of FSX with no add ons?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Or are the pictures taken on a bare minimum install of FSX with no add ons?

Yes.

Kyle Rodgers

We'll take a look again but I just now found a photo on one of the sites that looks very similar to these shots. (can't link it due to forum rules unfortunately) The real overhead definitely does angle out like that on the first and third "thirds" of the overhead - it's an ergonomics thing that came out of Boeing's discussions with pilots during the airplane's development. They found that it was hard to see those edge parts on older airplanes and this was the solution Boeing's designers came up with.

I really love that you guys pay attention to these details. This is what separates PMDG from others.

Back in March you showed us a preview with flat overhead, and now we get the correct panel shape!

Me too.  B)

I'm thinking of making this a challenge tho...  Maybe we won't release the 777 until we can get everyone in this forum to sign their posts for a week...

Yeah... you know... 

"Hey, Ryan?  I have an idea..............."

Noooooooooooo. If I've learned anything from working in IT Support, you cannot ask people to do a simple task - it can not be done. You can never cater for even the stupidest of people because somebody with an unfathomably greater level of stupidity will come along.

Bad day at work....not at all.

If I've learned anything from working in IT Support, you cannot ask people to do a simple task - it cannot be done.

...and that people will swear up and down, for as long as you will sit there and tell them otherwise, that they did it exactly like they were supposed to.

...and then you do it like they were supposed to and it magically works.  The computer must've just messed it up earlier.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes.

And you know this how? Do you work for PMDG?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

And you know this how? Do you work for PMDG?

No, I do not, but they have never done so in the past.  No need to get smart about it.

They're not going to put images up there of their new aircraft and expect you to go buy another program to get it to work/look like that.  If you don't believe me on that one - because I don't work there - take a look here:

Also let's make a major feature of our addon dependent on purchasing another $50 addon. Why didn't we think of that before?

Kyle Rodgers

I wasn't implying anything by that so don't take it the wrong way. I was just curious as how you know for sure since you don't appear to work for them. Thanks for the answer.

Noooooooooooo. If I've learned anything from working in IT Support, you cannot ask people to do a simple task - it can not be done. You can never cater for even the stupidest of people because somebody with an unfathomably greater level of stupidity will come along.

Bad day at work....not at all.

...and that people will swear up and down, for as long as you will sit there and tell them otherwise, that they did it exactly like they were supposed to.

...and then you do it like they were supposed to and it magically works.  The computer must've just messed it up earlier.

Pls. stop talking about my recent support ticket with #####!!!!   :blush: