Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

VATSIM hacked by Anonymous?

I don't have any other option but to try run it on my rig - strangely I got fsinn to run once, but another issue cropped up, and I couldn't get it re-installed without getting dll errors, which resulted in yet more installs - particularly my md11, - so I didn't bother.

I am not the greatest at following instructions when reading stuff I do not understand anything about :) I would like to try get back into it, as I don't use any AI traffic at all.

SB4 should work. Give it another try and maybe we can help sort you out

was there not files had to be moved? or files have to be edited or something along they lines?

EDIT:

Just downloaded it - is it a complete self installer now?

Edited by flyingnoob

was there not files had to be moved? or files have to be edited or something along they lines?

EDIT:

Just downloaded it - is it a complete self installer now?

Yup just running the installer should do the trick

BTW expect them to have your passwords for that site so change any you use on others.

I thought that sites had a way of storing passwords that meant that they couldn't be easily accessed in reverse, hashing and salting I think it's called? Works easily one way but not the other...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Yup just running the installer should do the trick

ok thanks dude

Its pretty cool, although I haven't flown online for ages due to me messing up fsinn's installs, and SB doesn't work with windows 7 (AFAIK).

Huh? :huh: I've been using Squawkbox on Windows 7 and haven't had a problem. Unless I'm doing something wrong here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I thought that sites had a way of storing passwords that meant that they couldn't be easily accessed in reverse, hashing and salting I think it's called? Works easily one way but not the other...

Regards,

Ró.

If you have the password file then you can brute force it given the algorithm too which having root access would give the attacker. Computing power is dirt cheap especially when you consider amazon web services etc. Attack dictionaries are available too which make it less onerous as well.

Huh? :huh: I've been using Squawkbox on Windows 7 and haven't had a problem. Unless I'm doing something wrong here.

Hi kevin,

If you have been using sb for ages then obviously you aint doing nothing wrong- I just now that the last time I tried it you had to manually edit files for sb4 and W7.

Clearly its a self installer now.

Also the post you quoted actually had an edit that said

"EDIT - SB does work with W7, its just pretty complicated to install also IMO"

Regards

Paul

Hi kevin,

If you have been using sb for ages then obviously you aint doing nothing wrong- I just now that the last time I tried it you had to manually edit files for sb4 and W7.

Clearly its a self installer now.

Also the post you quoted actually had an edit that said

"EDIT - SB does work with W7, its just pretty complicated to install also IMO"

Regards

Paul

Hmm....it's been installed on my computer since I believe November. I just installed it somewhere else other than the Program Files folder and haven't had any issues with it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

cool, that's good to hear.

I will get it installed later tonight as i'm on my way to egph from gcrr just now :)

If I may add my two cents:  Could it be that whomever is doing this is doing a fuzzy search of any websites tied to taxes?  I say this because VATSIM's first three letters are VAT which is coincidentally the letters for Value Added Tax, which is what is used in the EU.  Perhaps they are going after those types of sites and VATSIM was just a victim of circumstance?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm connected, but is there issues with going online also? or just the forums? - with not being able to get onto the forums, I cannot see if anyone is online.

I'm connected, but is there issues with going online also? or just the forums? - with not being able to get onto the forums, I cannot see if anyone is online.

There's not supposed to be any issues with flying, see a couple of posts back.

Download VRoute or VATspy to see who is online. Personally I like VRoute. Both are free.

Lee

its been that long I couldn't remember what was used :)

Thanks lee

I'm flying online now, didn't have any issues getting on, I'm on 109.169.48.148.

23.png