Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Short routes

I have a short route:

AA-950 stops at Sao Paulo then continues to Rio DeJanerio.  It is a 45 minute flight on a 777.  I did this several times. 

Paul Gugliotta

KATL to KIAH from qatar cargo its a short flight  . the 777 has been used in real life in many short charter/cargo flights here in the US and around the world .. so i would just pick any small route and go with it ... Take off from KJFK and land at KEWR :-) thats short ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Some current (and former) shorter

777 routes, at least US domestic:

KDEN-KSEA/KSFO/KORD/KLAX/KIAD

KORD-KIAD

KDFW-KORD/KMIA/KLAX

PHOG-PHKO (for a while, the shortest scheduled 777 route)

KSFO-KLAX/KLAS (has happened before during some UA crew and weather hiccups)

KIAH-KEWR

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Last June I flew on Cathay Pacific 777-300 from Beijing ZBAA to Hong Kong VHHH. And then VHHH to KJFK.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Ryan, does your dad work for KAL? Or maybe AAR? JAL and ANA don't send ther T7s to RKSI... I never knew your dad worked out of ICN!

(Edit : or come to think about it,,, does he work for DL? those 3 are the only ones that I can think of which would fly a T7 from RJAA to RKSI...)

On the topic by the way, if you're interested in flying asian routes,ANA flies many of their 'Domestic' routes with their 77Ws, most under 2hours, some under 1.

KAL and AAR flies their 772s and 773s to China and Japan, many of them are also under 2hours, some around 3~4.

JAL (although I don't know whether it is regular service...) flies their 777s(especially 77Ws) around RJTT, RJBB, RJCC... for doemestic services also serving the function of repositioning.

CPA also has routes that are around 3~4 hours with their 772, 773s.

Like what's said above, I think most short-haul 777 routes are in asia? :-)

I didn't know about the Middle Eastern short haul routes. Interesting!

Plenty of short hops from FlyTampa's wonderful Dubai in a 777. There's a half decent rendition of Riyadh OERK on simmarket which is about an hour and a bit, there's also a reasonable payware version of Muscat in Oman (OOMS) which is about 40 mins and also a (fairly poor) payware Doha which is again around 40 mins from Dubai. There are freeware versions of Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, but after leaving Dubai you may find them a little underwhelming...