Sign in to follow this  
X-wing

FSX opening screen and PMDG JS41

Since a week ago something strange is happening when starting FSX with the PMDG JS41 selected as default flight.

The aircraft was saved with all systems off (cold and dark) but when I start FSX and select "fly now" in the opening screen, the virtual cockpit of the JS41 is opening and both engines are starting up (?!). How is this possible while the aircraft was saved as cold and dark1.

I more or less solved this problem by unchecking the box "show opening screen" in the "Settings - General" page and now the aircraft is starting again in a sort of cold and dark situation (engines off).

This problem occured suddenly about a week ago and before that I always was able to start a cold and dark JS41 in the FSX opening screen.

Does somebody know what went wrong?

1) I know that the JS41 can't be saved as a completely cold and dark aircraft. The best you can get is "engines off" and "electrical power on".

never use any addon aircraft for saved default flight and everything will be fine

Some addon aircraft (I don't know if the JS41 is among them, though) require to start the flight with a default aircraft. Therefor it is not at all advicable to use such a complex aircraft as the Jetstream for your default flight.

Check the appropriate PMDG forum and the "cold & dark" threads. You'll find many advices concerning this problem and best solution is perhaps to download LUA script for FSUIPC. With one button press you can have completely switched off cockpit.

Ok, but what about the "show opening screen" setting in Settings - General page?

• box checked = engines are starting up
  • box unchecked = engines are off and battery power is on

Can somebody explain this?

Use the LUA script or some external FSX launcher that provide cold and dark start up. Some planes just do not stay c&d no matter what you do.