Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Will definitely try this as well. Regards

I don't know if it works for every one the same way, but man this is the cherry on the cake for me! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Try turning off the Hi Def 3D cockpit setting in the FSX-Aircraft settings. You probably won't notice the difference, and you'll get a BIG performance boost!!!

Awesome it gave me a good jump. I have a very modest rig as I`ve not upgraded in about 5 years!

Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz

4GB DDR2 Dominator

Nvidia 550 ti

OCZ 120GB SSD

I get anywhere between 20 & 36 fps depending on where and how high I am.

Only because I`m using a TV 720p 1366x768 so the lower res makes me able to run it and nvidia inspector!

I don't know if it works for every one the same way, but man this is the cherry on the cake for me! 

Always looking for ideas on better performance. There seems to be a very large range of performance when it comes to the T7. I'm sure it boils down to the various configs and setups out there, not so much their PC hardware specs. I'm seeing posts about single digit FPS numbers on high end systems. Haven't even tried the refresh rate adjustment and I'm seeing performance on par with my NGX. Interesting in deed.

Oh man!! You are my ANGEL, thank you SOOOO much!! I have never ever think to try that option ever, you my friend, just changed my FSX!!!!! I have 30FPS min 28FPS anyware. No quality lost, or I can't see a quality lost, with that option set OFF.

NGX, 777 both 30FPS!!!!!!!!! 

Glad it works for you!!! Note it won't work well on all aircraft. Older aircraft, with lower resolution, you will notice a difference, mostly on only a few gauges, and it screws up the Aerosoft AXE ND display. It works great though on PMDG aircraft, especially the T7 and NGX!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok, it seems that I have fixed my FPS problems. I did get the newest nVidia drivers and started off with a completely new FSX.cfg adding just the most important tweaks (thx to the HW+SW Guide). Tested the 777 in a first test flight starting from Spokane. I got mostly 30 FPS (as limited) and no other problems occured.

Maybe Seattle with the whole bunch of ai traffic and the PNW scenery was an overkill, even for my system. I just won´t fly there in these overly dense areas.

P.S: Had an pretty ashaming situation upon the first from "Cold&Dark" to running condition: After switcihg on the electrics and connecting the GPU´s I did search probably 10 mins for the INS switches I was used to switch on in the NGX at that state...Lesson learned: the 777 has fully automatic INS systems, no need to switch anything!

P.S: Had an pretty ashaming situation upon the first from "Cold&Dark" to running condition: After switcihg on the electrics and connecting the GPU´s I did search probably 10 mins for the INS switches I was used to switch on in the NGX at that state...Lesson learned: the 777 has fully automatic INS systems, no need to switch anything!

Actually there is, the ADIRU button is the equivalent to the NGX IRS's.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Actually there is, the ADIRU button is the equivalent to the NGX IRS's.

Oh, that´s it`! Thank you! :-)

You don't need to increase the size of the dot....you just need to put the mouse cursor out of the screen in the upper left corner and you have the same result....

Of if you use Full Screen you can hit the Alt key and get the menu bar which works great.

Try turning off the Hi Def 3D cockpit setting in the FSX-Aircraft settings. You probably won't notice the difference, and you'll get a BIG performance boost!!!

Yeah that's been a big factor on the NGX too.  You lose resolution but more in digital text displays not the entire panel textures I think.  It's a very good 'ace in the hole' that is often ignored, and is great to use when you've dialed back to a point you can live w/ other variables.  I do notice the degradation though so prefer to keep it on when possible.  I fly lighter birds than NGX at least 70% of the time but I don't yet have the T7.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Got my hands on it today and it´s aweful! I mean it looks perfect and certailny handels that way but performance wise it´s crap at the moment. I am used to run the NGX in and out of every airport no matter how dense the scenery and ai traffic (I am an huge lover of ai planes flying arround) was in frames of the mid and high twenties (had the FPS limited on 30 and it was very smooth, even on some occassions when it got in the middle 10´s).

BUT then 777 is sowhere near this!

I kniow you said in the other post that you had fixed the issue...

But don't forget to set the PFD and ND refresh rates to 15. [if you haven't already] That's' for BOTH the standard PFD and ND and the pop-up PFD and ND. If you don't do this, you are comparing the NGX with lower refresh rates and the 777 with super high refresh rates, hence the performance drain.

I'm seeing 18% better frame rate in the 777 than the NGX.

Oh man!! You are my ANGEL, thank you SOOOO much!! I have never ever think to try that option ever, you my friend, just changed my FSX!!!!! I have 30FPS min 28FPS anyware. No quality lost, or I can't see a quality lost, with that option set OFF.

NGX, 777 both 30FPS!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, I tried this when closing FSX, turned off the HiDef 3D, shutdown and forgot all about it. The next day, i started FSX up again, and I couldn't figure what magic had struck my computer during the night! Everything were smooth like never before and it didn't hit me until I read this topic again what I had done:-) Very cool "fix":-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Yeah, I tried this when closing FSX, turned off the HiDef 3D, shutdown and forgot all about it. The next day, i started FSX up again, and I couldn't figure what magic had struck my computer during the night! Everything were smooth like never before and it didn't hit me until I read this topic again what I had done:-) Very cool "fix":-)

Be careful: no doubt this may be a good fix, but remember that when you adjust the visual seetings from inside the FSX menu the LOD radius will be automatically reset to 4.5 in fsx.cfg. Since this is a huge contributor to FPS behaviour, if you have for LOD radius something higher than 4.5 and you make some adjustment in the visual options from FSX menu and do not restore your current LOD value in fsx.cfg, you will see a big improvement in FPS but that might be mainly generated by LOD radius being dropped to 4.5. Hope I have explained this well... :(

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I'm aware, that and the texture_max_load:-) My LOD has never been anything other than 4.5 and after 6 months og experimenting with max_texture_load, I came to a conclusion that 1024 is more than good enough, heck, clouds at 512x512 even look way better and more realistic than the 1024+ ones:-) HD is not everything:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Be careful: no doubt this may be a good fix, but remember that when you adjust the visual seetings from inside the FSX menu the LOD radius will be automatically reset to 4.5 in fsx.cfg. Since this is a huge contributor to FPS behaviour, if you have for LOD radius something higher than 4.5 and you make some adjustment in the visual options from FSX menu and do not restore your current LOD value in fsx.cfg, you will see a big improvement in FPS but that might be mainly generated by LOD radius being dropped to 4.5. Hope I have explained this well... :(

Regards

Hmm, interesting. I ran FSX with a heavily tweaked config file for a long time and erased it and allowed FSX to build a new one a couple of weeks ago. I then employed just 3 tweaks, HIGHMEMFIX, AFFINITYMASK, and  WIDEVIEWASPECT. Left my NVIDIA inspector settings the same. My FPS improved by 3-4 FPS. I haven't adjusted the refresh rate on the T7 and am seeing performance on par with the NGX if not a little better. Regards

1. i set the fps to 15 in fmc as suggested. Failed to see any drastic performance improvements.

Cheers

Swadeep

But did you set BOTH the standard PFD/ND and the pop-up PFD and ND to 15?

If you don't you won't see a difference.

I see no reason why we all shouldn't see an increase in frame rate compared to the NGX, as long as the other variables remain unchanged.

I haven't adjusted the refresh rate on the T7 and am seeing performance on par with the NGX if not a little better. Regards

Why not Adam, you are losing performance for no reason?

The 777 comes, out of the box, set with a refresh rate way higher than the NGX. Totally unnecessarily. 15 refresh rate for the PFD and ND is perfectly adequate. Some are using even lower.

I don't see why it's a good idea to throw frames away for nothing.