Sign in to follow this  
Star Alliance

5 Sec stutter every 4-5 minutes?

I know there are similar threads in this forum and the easy answer is hardware, well it's not. I have this small issue on the 777, and only the 777.

Currently enroute from Amsterdam to New York I have had, since the startup some hicks similar to the one shown in one of the BETA videos, where FSUIPC did some datasave, I dont have this enabled, but I still have this lockup for some seconds, and I hate that to happend on final approach.

Specs are in my sig. and everything else works fine.

Also check any processes running in the background - Under task manager WIndows sytem process running in the backround can cause this - disable any services that are not essential to your OS. See if this helps.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

May mean the 777 uses more resources than other planes - Services that are unessential disable them in task manager

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/essential-tips-to-speed-up-windows-7/

No.

Please read the intro. PMDG strongly discourage disabling services.

Source: Intro manual page 11.

In addition, the intro manual states that the 777 uses the same as, if not less than the amount of resources as other complex addons. Give a read to the intro manual, especially the sections that talk about FSX setup, VAS, etc. You may have large chunks of scenery loading every few minutes that is causing the pause.

Do you have photorealistic scenery, anyplace in the world? Are you using time compression? I found that with my system x4 was the most comfortable setting.

Dan Downs KCRP

So the 777 are more sensitive for the "minimal" of programs I have in the back, which I need to network and Win7 reasons, than ex. the NGX? (Which btw gives me no stutters at all)

As I said earlier, my FSX runs stable on 40fps almost all over, and this is not a performance problem.

it used to happen to me - annoying stutters at a precise time interval - I did  have many unecessary services running e.g windows live sign in assistant???, tablet services on a pc ??? etc etc - Windows does have a lot of system processes that are taking up valuable resources - again proceed at your own risk - again were only providing advice not a final fix/solution.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.