Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

P3D V2 Pre Release Questions for Lockheed

Are sloped rwy's facilitated in any way shape or form, or is it still the "flat world" as in fsx/P3D v1? (not the whole world obviously, but the ancient flatten around the airport and boundaries)

fsx has always severly stuttered / dropped fps in vc cockpit mode if you "undocked a second vc window" on to your main monitor or another .... for example the overhead view.

does the V2 rendering techniques make this option a more palatable one ?

for now, cheers

john martin

Has the issue of the "crabbing effect" that plagues full scale sim builders been addressed? This issue is due to the eye point being placed in the left seat position and is very hard to overcome for us using multiple displays/projectors for an advanced visual system.

Thanks,

We have removed the voting system in its entirety. Now, I will have to select, objectively I might add, those questions that LMOC will answer. We have agreed on 10, so you have just over 24 hours to get any further questions posted.

LM, thanks so much for including all of us!

Are there diminishing returns on multi-core systems or does V2 take full advantage of a 12 thread 6 core processor?

What, if any, changes have you made to the afcad system? 

With FSX, it is often difficult to create airport operations utilized in the real world such as 'one-way' use runways, crosswind runway operations, or changing the assignment of runways other than the standard scoring of runways (distance, headwind, aircraft gross weight). Of course, many of these issues have been addressed by tricking FSX into the correct operation but such tactics are not without drawbacks. Also, parking assignment scoring changed from FS9 to FSX where it is based on wingspan radius and I'm curious to know if P3D 2.0 has changed anything for parkings. For more information, see link. As a developer, this is important for compatibility and future design reasons.

Anthony Cacciatore

Great initiative.

My question:

Is the head-movement bug in FSX fixed in P3Dv2? The bug I'm refering to is when you place your viewpoint in the VC, and you move your aircraft, the viewpoint shifts.

Simplistically, there are two constitute parts that make up P3d. One is the ‘core engine.’ The second is the SDK.

The ‘core engine’ has many internal enhancements and essentials that may still need development and maintenance. Some you may wish to develop, others you may not. The SDK is the key to third party development. It may also need some additions to facilitate those areas that you may feel are best suited to outside development.

If, it is possible to share any insight, what do you see as your key responsibilities and your deliverables, and those of third parties? What are they and why?

What are some features being worked on going forward for v2.1?

What are some features being worked on going forward for v2.1?

But we don't yet know what V2.0 will offer.

But we don't yet know what V2.0 will offer.

In other words I think he is trying to ask, what would be omitted (not included) from v2 but in the road map for v2.1

he is aiming more at the road map of P3Dv2 then the current features by that question.

to me it sounds a reasonable question.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Great initiative.

My question:

Is the head-movement bug in FSX fixed in P3Dv2? The bug I'm refering to is when you place your viewpoint in the VC, and you move your aircraft, the viewpoint shifts.

It's not a bug. In real life, your head does not remain 100% still as you turn your aircraft, etc.

Brandon Filer

In other words I think he is trying to ask, what would be omitted (not included) from v2 but in the road map for v2.1

he is aiming more at the road map of P3Dv2 then the current features by that question.

to me it sounds a reasonable question.

wouldn't it be better to wait to see what v2.0 offers before becoming being concerned what V2.1 might offer. Any "road map" is not carved in stone and may well change. What may be in it now may not appear in V2.1.

Guest RWFeldman

Isnt this a question forum? Or is it an oped forum?