Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of moving to P3D - this might help your decision - Stunning 

This was just the factory building storms theme in P3D - not bad - clouds by REX4

Sorry for the quality the original is much better

se6sjt.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hi do the Rex 4 clouds impact performance over the stock clouds, I am very impressed with P3D also

Waynew

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi do the Rex 4 clouds impact performance over the stock clouds, I am very impressed with P3D also

Waynew

No but I use 512 res textures imagine if I used the large ones - hmm I should try that next time

Hmm looks blurry compared to my original - hate that

Rich Sennett

The larger ones add a little to the visual up close, but 512 often suffices. That being said, I don't recall the larger ones affecting FPS too much. Haven't tried since 2.3.

Richard, do you use 32bit or DT5? I haven't tried since 2.3, but DT5 was not as good performance wise as 32bit. If you haven't tried 32bit give it a shot.

I also am curious as to what HDR textures do. It's hard to see the difference without a comparison screenshot.

Guest mhlarsen

No but I use 512 res textures imagine if I used the large ones - hmm I should try that next time

Hmm looks blurry compared to my original - hate that

Clouds are often blurry in real life, so this looks good to me  :BigGrin:

But do the ground shadows cause any fps hit?

With every version of P3D it gets harder and harder to resist.

They do cause a hit, but not nearly as much with 2.3. 2.2 had issues.

Just don't set all the building and all the veg to cast shadows. That will kill FPS (unless you have a ballsy system)

Great shot.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Richard, that screen shot really sucks buddy....I don't know how you can fly that sim with it looking like that ;)

Mark   CYYZ      

Amazing comments Guys - thank you

The larger ones add a little to the visual up close, but 512 often suffices. That being said, I don't recall the larger ones affecting FPS too much. Haven't tried since 2.3.

Richard, do you use 32bit or DT5? I haven't tried since 2.3, but DT5 was not as good performance wise as 32bit. If you haven't tried 32bit give it a shot.

I also am curious as to what HDR textures do. It's hard to see the difference without a comparison screenshot.

I use 32bit - clouds P3D textures enabled I am not seeing much of a hit with clouds and cloud shadows on -- super - has to be the Titan card doing its thing - I had only vehicle - interior and clouds cast shadows - water reflections - should try to add more features

I cant fly without HDR enabled brings the sim to life - like drab to glorious its amazing

Take care all     :drinks: 

Rich Sennett

Stunning shot Rich!!

Hi Buddy - hope all is well - big thanks Tim & to the development team at REX -  :friends: 

Rich Sennett