Leny,  I was the one who referenced old games (based on a Tom's Hardware article).  Have you had a chance to try Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) ?

Mark   CYYZ      

Leny,  I was the one who referenced old games (based on a Tom's Hardware article).  Have you had a chance to try Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) ?

No i haven't had a chance to try  DSR. I haven't had the chance to explore any of the new features. But i herd DSR suppose to enhance any game that support resolution above 1920x1080. I will certainly try it this weekend .I was reading from Nvidia that DSR is also coming for other GPU such as 780,770,680 etc. If i am not mistaken is more than a software than a hardware feature please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for bring up the reference of old games. I was a bit more hype about trying out this card after i saw your post. :)

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Guys I need some advice

Im running 2 screens (that's the max) now on a GTX560TI  cpu intel i5 2500k Over Clock 4.8 GHZ

Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Gene Z 

and I have brilliant performance in FSX with most sliders right. However I need to add another 1-2 screens that would be used for moving map and flight instruments display. Only 1 screen is for views. So I need to run 3-4 screens all up

Should I just add another 560TI? or go for the 980?

I wont be going P3D anytime soon..

EDIT

never mind 980/70 only have 3 display ports

ZORAN

Should I just add another 560TI? or go for the 980?

I guess this implies price is not an issue?

:)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

price.. yes and no.

Ive decided to go another 560ti..second hand :-)

ZORAN

Can someone please post some FPS figures with these new 9xx cards in 3 overcast 8/8 cloud layers, both 4xSGSS & 8xSGSS?

Im using p3dv2.3! 

How much of an improvement did you see like 5-10fps or more?  I'm considering getting the 980 coming from a 770 4gb. If I could get another 10 FPS it'd be worth it to me as even with my worst performing planes that improvement in V2 would get me to the 35fps range in heavy clouds which is plenty smooth enough for me.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

For me the improvement has been 5-10 frames plus more sliders to the right. The question is this: is $75-100 per frame really worth it? To me it's a heavy price to pay for 10 frames max.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

For me the improvement has been 5-10 frames plus more sliders to the right. The question is this: is $75-100 per frame really worth it? To me it's a heavy price to pay for 10 frames max.

True I may hold off till the next gen cards come out or better yet P3dv2 becomes SLI compatible and just slap another 770 in there since by that time they will be pretty cheap. If you keep you sliders the same as what you had on the 770 what sorta gains are you getting?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If I had a 770 4gb rather than 2gb then I would have just bought another 770 4gb and waited for sli support. So I figured I would just get the 980 but the results are a bit disappointing for $560.

I believe we need more cpu power. The 980 is powerful enough and is only running at 50-70% load. To me this signals the cpu is the bottleneck. My cpu is no slug 4770k @4.6ghz. I think know it's going to be at least a year before the next generation Intel cpus come out. The game needs to become multi core friendly then speed might not be such a huge factor any more!

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

The 980 doesn't even justify it's name, looking like it's two generations ahead of the 700 series yet both the series flagship cards perform the same! Are you kidding? Neither cards will get my money. The GTX 780 ti and 980 are neck and neck, and I expected it to perform a bit better. 4K is still way to difficult for a single graphics card to handle, maxing out your game settings with 4k will leave you @ under 40 fps. I am looking forward to a possible 980 ti, or an early 2015 release of their next 14 nm process. Although, I do realize the features the 980 brings, but is it really THAT compelling? In my opinion, not at all. Unless you have a 500 series card, don't even bother.

Mo45

If you look at bench marks in most games battlefield 4 for example the 980 beats out the 770 by a good 30FPS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The 980 doesn't even justify it's name, looking like it's two generations ahead of the 700 series yet both the series flagship cards perform the same! Are you kidding? Neither cards will get my money. 

Agreed.  I'm waiting for the GM210 chip next year.

The GTX 780 ti and 980 are neck and neck, and I expected it to perform a bit better.

And this is the nub of the issue. Sure, if you've presently got either a mid level GTX 700/600 series card or one from something as far back as a GTX 500 series, these cards make perfect sense.

But not if you've got either a 680, 770, 780, 780ti or a Titan. The performance improvement with either XP10 or P3d (let alone FSX which doesn't make as heavy used of the GPU) won't be worth the cost. And then you have to consider, when the 20 nm GTX 900 series cards turn up in 2015, the price on the GTX 970 and 980 will drop. And I wouldn't bank on vaporware SLI, as of FSX, P3d and XP10, only P3d's authors have even made any noise about supporting SLI at all. What's the point of SLI if the app doesn't scale up properly?

It's not really nVidia's fault. There's just so much additional performance you can squeeze out of 28 nm. This was a given, even before the GTX 970 and 980 were released.

But.. but.....  all of this negative press.    I have a GTX 770 2gig card and can't run on triple monitors at all with the PMDG737NGX without VC going into the toilet.    I also can't play Skyrim on triple wide either because of 2gigs.    Opinions; For someone like me... would twin 970's be justified?   I'd rather buy two 970's for $620 then one 980 for $550.   I think I would see a huge improvement, at least in the 3 monitor arena wouldn't I?   I have $800 bucks on fire in my wallet right now but I am in a holding pattern because of these mixed reviews and the fact that the 8gig version of these cards is supposedly coming around Christmas time.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy