Sign in to follow this  
calcajun

How to delete a area that is installed?

How do I delete the Pacific Northwest.  Every time I fly over Portland Or. with the PMDG 737-800 the flight sim crashes.  When iI run the uninstaller  in win 7 obrx does not show up.  When I look through the folder I see three folders for PN.   Can I delete the folders and then reinstall PN ?   Thanks for the help.

Well there's no option to delete it, so your approach on looking for the folders is correct. Fortunately, they are labelled clearly, so anything with a PNW in the name will be your target. For example, FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY. Four folders of that kind.

Then you should look into Scenery\World\Scenery and use the search term PNW again. Plenty of files. Those are used for the airport elevation.

The most important move might actually be the first one. Start the FTX Central application and set the region to default (I think that's what it's called like). This will reset your autogen files and other ingredients of the sim to be usable with the default elements and also levels the place for a proper reinstallation of PNW.

But to investigate the cause of the crash, you might want to look into your Windows event log and check if there is a solution available. Maybe PNW is just one element of a whole chain or maybe it's completely unrelated to the crash cause. Just saying.

Well, if you do a reinstall, head over to the support page from Orbx and get the latest patches. Or, better, go to the shop account of yours and download the latest installer, which already incorporates all patches.

better still head over  the orbox forum  where there is  a sticky on how to uninstall all ftx  products

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Good point. If you can access it, find the FAQ section here. My example given above complies with those while one should add the ORBX\Scripts folder if PNW isn't planned for a reinstall.