Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Let's use other examples that made acceptable VC lighting over the years since PMDG's 744 is too offensive and unfair:

Sigh... I never said Offensive .. but I can see that while you are done Dillion, this will drag on and on over finer points of model making probably by others.

I've expressed my opinions, its over to others decide whats fair and unfair - I'm out of this conversation

I would need to check the numbers again and post the detail [...]

this can do without exceeding VAS useage

Please do and thanks for giving a first impression re: the VAS usage. :smile:

Must admit that this is one important item for me on a long-haul airliner.

Yes as "CoolP" has requested, lets get back to discussing the aircraft, i want to pull the trigger and buy her, but realistically if it's more demanding than the T7 i'll pass.  

Ian R Tyldesley

Guest ~Craig~

It's a great looking aircraft. And as others said, it's great that they're offering a 744 to compete with the old PMDG 744 of 2006/7.

Honestly, the 'click spots thing' for me is more about being slightly visually impaired due to Retinopathy - so an entirely personal viewpoint.  If people are happy to use the (-) and (+) tooltip things, and can live without the dome light, then I'd say it's a fantastic airliner package for FS ....... and let's face it, we don't get new airliners that often these days.

I hope they do really well with it.     :good:

It'll be interesting to see if Virtual Avionics or someone else does a remote FMS CDU for the iPad/Androids as they did for the PMDG 737NGX/B777 and the Aerosoft Scarebus series.  It's pretty much a go/no-go item for me on any big iron simulation now.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The iFly 747-400 V2 Full Review! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79SbeAbNDcs

This is a review of the FS9 version.

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I was waiting for PMDG 747 400 v2 but this one looks very tempting .

Mo45

Same notes about the video. That's the FS9 version but I must admit that the VC still looks great. One can also catch a glimpse on the load manager which I haven't seen before, so I think the tip to watch the video remains a good one.

The reviewer also mentioned the drop down list for the variants. More to come?

Well, I did go :o as he introduced the "terrain radar" since this "radar" phrase is carried through all flight sim forums and should be corrected every time. It's not a radar, it reads a terrain data base in correlation to the plane's position (passive process that is).

I liked the review style. Good structure, good mic, no silly music.

It's not a radar, it reads a terrain data base in correlation to the plane's position (passive process that is).

The proper nomenclature is EGPWS (Enhanced Gnd Proximity Warning System).

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the video link, Mo!

It's a nice review, rather short and not going deep into details but well-organized as CoolP mentioned above.

It made me start wanting this bird again. But I will wait till (Black) Friday to see if there is some space left on my CC after possible discount purchases.

I agree the VC looks great, even in the FS9 version (definitely best airliner VC in that platform).

I am also optimistic about the load manager's 747 variant drop down list. It must be there for a purpose. :wink:

I generally really like this manager. It reminds me of the iFly 737NG manager I used in FS9 before I switched to FSX.

The funny thing to watch was the VC mode's wing modelled only partially. Reminds me of some CaptainSim ideas.

But I understand they chose it for performance purposes. At least there is the wingtip to see unlike in AS A32X.

PS I have just noticed my post started the twelfth page of the thread. Looks like one of the hottest threads lately. Hot releases = hot threads.

The proper nomenclature is[...]

Well I'm happy he didn't say that since no one would have the slightest idea of how it works just from reading the acronym. ^_^ Guess that's how they design those things.

The iFly 747-400 V2 Full Review! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79SbeAbNDcs

Great review as those of us still using FS9 are watching this thread.  Much of what's covered here is applicable to the FSX version.  :p0504:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2