Sign in to follow this  
Guest ~Craig~

What do you think is the best aircraft addon, from the last 5 years?

I find it interesting that the VRS Super Bug keeps showing up as a top favorite.  I bought it just after it came out, but I purchased it from Aerosoft and when I had difficulty loading it up I went to the VRS website for support. I was refused support because I did not buy it directly from the VRS.

I immediately uninstalled it and never looked back and also have never considered any product from that developer. Unfortunately, I had already spent more on getting the manual printed and bound at Office Depot than I paid for the new add on with zero support.

Regards,

Ray

I'd also add my voice to the chorus of those urging you to try it again.  I can't speak for their support, for I've never had any issues, but it is really an awesome plane to fly.  Not to heap even more praise on it, but it's also worth noting that although you can spend hours immersing yourself in systems and procedures, at it's core it's a very easy jet to operate.  Very comfortable to hand fly as well.

It also ranks up there alongside the GTN gauges as one of the few addons that lets me really enjoy having a touchscreen monitor as a second screen. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Flight1 Mustang

a2a C182T

RealAir Duke V2

Carenado PC12

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Bert

I had my voice for the Realair Duke V2. The forthcoming Turbine Duke V2 should enter the top list as soon as it is released.

I had my voice for the Realair Duke V2. The forthcoming Turbine Duke V2 should enter the top list as soon as it is released.

I wish that most of the airplanes in this thread would get a v2.  There is much that could be done with just about all of them.  They're proven aircraft.  Imagine taking all of the best features and packing them into each one. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Majestic Dash Q400 without a doubt

Realair Duke V2. Turbine Duke V2, will be fantastic.

PMDG 737 NGX

It's really tough to pick a winner. There have been so many good add on's in the last five years.

Overall Top 3

1. Majestic Dash 8-Q400 - Firstly because of it's incredibly light footprint on FSX . It's also very immersive and fun to fly. Having recently joined Flybe VA I've done quite a few Q400 runs lately and It never gets old.
  2.  A2A Piper Cherokee - It's hard to choose between the Cessna 172 and Cherokee (I haven't bought the 182 yet) The Cherokee just seems to have just that little bit more character than the 172. But I rate them both they just an all around great package with the walk around and hangar modules also the fact it models time progression between flights.
  3. PMDG Boeing 737 NGX - It was just so innovative for it's time it well and truly raised the bar for flight sim add ons. Two years later I'm still getting as much enjoyment out of it as I did back in 2012.

Single Engine LSA/GA Top 5

1. A2A Piper Cherokee
  2. A2A Cessna 172
  3. Real Air Lancair Legacy
  4. Ant's Tecnam Eaglet
  5. Baytower Vans RV-7

Twin Engine (Piston/Turbine) GA Top 4

1. Real Air Beechcraft Duke B60 v2
  2. Flight 1 Beechcraft Kingair B200
  3. Real Air Beechcraft Turbine Duke
  4. Milviz Beechcraft Baron B55

Commuter Airliner (<110 Pax) Top 5

1. Majestic Dash 8-Q400
  2. PMDG Jetstream J41
  3. Aerosoft Twin Otter X Extended
  4. Qualitywings BAe 146/Avro RJ
  5. Feelthere ERJ v2

Commercial Airliner (>110 Pax) Top 5

1. PMDG Boeing 737 NGX
  2. Coolsky DC-9
  3. PMDG Boeing 777
  4. Aerosoft Airbus A32S X
  5. Simcheck A300

Even though it's not an aircraft I think it's worth mentioning PFPX by Flight Sim Soft. This flight planning tool has transformed the way I fly.

Wait there, hold your horses guys! A2A B377 with COTS expansion certainly deserves a spot in top 5. Immersion is unbeliavable, attention to deail is unbeaten, sounds 10/10, and with Captain Of The Ship expansion that brings full cockpit and cabin environment and even career mode with some statistics and passengers last flight opinion. Top player in every class! And best of all, it's quite addictive, and even more challenging to fly.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Anything I've worked on.

(Don't parents say stuff like this about their kids despite them being ugly, dumb and ill-behaved all at the same time?)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

My winner is.....Majestic Q400.

For the effort spent in R+D. and move the boundaries of the simulation far beyond.

Tomás Fabada Castellana

I'm so boring in my choices.  NGX and Q400 of course.  FSLabs Concorde, which I think came out in 2010, is astonishing in complexity.  I think because of that, it is mainly a hangar queen, too much work and preparation to actually use, so it doesn't get the number of votes it truly deserves.

My finalists, from a list of about 75 GA payware aircraft I have purchased over the last 3 years:

A2A J-3 Cub

Carenado C337

Flight Replicas Super Cub

A2A Cherokee

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Almost made the list:

Milviz 310

Alabeo AG Truck

A2A 182

Carenado C208

A2A P-51 Civilian

The Winner:

A2A Cherokee

Almost made the list:

Milviz 310

Alabeo AG Truck

A2A 182

Carenado C208

A2A P-51 Civilian

Why are the two A2A planes only in the almost list ?

Why are the two A2A planes only in the almost list ?

I put 2 A2A birds in the final 5. I was just trying spread my love fairly across various developers. And I didn't want to come across as a shill. :P Otherwise my list would be:

A2A Cherokee Accusim

A2A Cub Accusim

A2A 182 Accusim

A2A P-51 Civilian Accusim

A2A 172 Accusim

A2A P-51 Accusim

A2A B-17 Accusim

A2A - rest of the warbirds

The only A2A I haven't purchased is the Strato.

:lol: