Sign in to follow this  
Guest ~Craig~

What do you think is the best aircraft addon, from the last 5 years?

That's easy for me. Majestic Q400 I have not flown much else since this came out. Good frames great flying very immersive.

Darcy

Well, so far the top three in this thread, in order are;

PMDG 737 NGX

Majestic Q400

PMDG 777

Oh yeah, and my favorite is the PMDG 777

These are all airliners... you should also tally a GA category.

The question was "Best Aircraft". You are more than welcome to categorize, too much work for me.  :P

Guest ~Craig~

I would like to officially change my vote for "Best Aircraft Addon in the last 5 years" to the; 

A2A Cherokee".

I've just attempted to fly in freezing Northern Sweden and could not for the life of me get the Cherokee to start.   I flooded the engine twice, then after following the flooded engine procedure (turning over starter with magnetos off), it coughed a few times, then started but would not go over 1200 RPM, even at full throttle.

After 15 minutes of trying other things, I turned on the Carb Heat, nothing happened for about 30 seconds, then the RPM very slowy started rising and returned to their normal performance.

Unbelievable immersion in a FS addon!

The A2A Cherokee is just SICK  (in the good way :wink:), and has to deserve this award.   :smile:

I might support you on this... the Cherokee makes me feel as if I have FSXI running on my system.

Bert

Any of the 3 A2A gems get my vote (Cherokee 180, C172, C182). Honorable mentions go to the VRS FA-18 with TacPack and the Dodosim Bell 206 Jet Ranger.

freezing Northern Sweden

You had your windows open for effect, yes?  Maybe took a whiff of 100LL you keep in a jar?

Seriously, though, I hope the 182 is equal...no desire on my part for a Cherokee.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There are only a few aircraft that come out of my virtual hangar on a regular (weekly) basis, and which I miss when I haven't used them for a while.

1: A2A Cherokee.

I fly a PA28-181 Archer II with a friend of mine on occasion and we made a repaint of the actual aircraft we fly. Flying it around on Vatsim is a hoot. Also A2A just made an amazingly detailed immerse add-on that is a joy to experience. Even the ground ops. Using the A2A model has even let me figure out some details of the real aircraft, like the location and operation of the air vents (which are always hard to see when you are sitting in the front seat with your leg jammed up against it) and the location of some more obscure switches.

2: Majestic Q400 DH8D.

It flies so differently to anything else in FSX. A very hands-on aircraft, and a huge amount of systems detail. And the framerate hit is just so minimal! It's the only FSX addon which truly shows Pilot Induced Oscillations and inertia. The only other product that does this that I know of is the $490 PSX Aerowinx 747 simulator used in WorldFlight's "QF25" full sized full motion simulator.

3: PMDG 777 (-300ER & SP1c). I really enjoy flying this bird with it's electronic checklists. All the configurable options via the CDU just make it a joy to fly. The ability of the sounds to continue playing when you click outside the simulator (Feature it shares with the Q400 above) make it just that little more immersive for the early stage of setting up a flight. I love planning a big PFPX flightplan and making it ALL come together, wind forecast uplinks, EET's, ETOPS, and so on. It's the cutting edge of what's doable in FSX.

4: PMDG 737NGX - Even though I love the 777 slightly more, due to it having a little more polish (many sounds stop if you click outside the sim, even with Flight1's SoundStream running) the 737NGX is just a staple of medium-short haul. There's just something great about pulling out a 737, and popping off for an hour or 2 on Vatsim. You can fly a real world flight number callsign, at the real time, on a real route, with real people providing ATC and nearby traffic, and it's an absolute hoot.

aand that's my current staple.

Number 5 is not in my "regular rotation", but I do very much like the RealAir Beechcraft Duke. I like it more with the RealityXP GNS530 Unlimited installed, and if I didn't have the GNS530 in there, the #5 spot would have gone to the PMDG JS4100.

PMDG Jetstream JS4100. Great simulation. Those engines are always needing lots of TLC. The FMS/CDU is basic but does the job ok, and there's something "Solid" feeling about it. I love the removable passengers & bags feature (tied to the loadsheet). I used to fly it quite alot. And then the Q400 arrived.

There are sooooo many good products out there!

I would say without a doubt the NGX , but let us not for get A2a C172!

The A2A GA aircraft bring so much to the table!

I.e, walk around, engine modeling, the fact that if you

need to maintain the aircraft thru oils changes, Etc......

You learn so much.

I would like to officially change my vote for "Best Aircraft Addon in the last 5 years" to the;

A2A Cherokee".

Cherokee gets my vote as well. A2A didn't miss much on this one. With Accusim, maintenance scheduling, response to environment conditions, I learned so much. Loads of character as well. Fly it in an Orbyx regional and you're all set. I was getting sooo bored with procedural IFR flying with the popular tube liners. This plane is just too fun.

Hi guys this is my first time here ever, but I spent hundreds of hours in the FSX here is my list, I hope you dont hate me:

1 PMDG NGX. It has just everything, complexity, beatuful medeling and is a 737. I think the 777 is too automated and I still need to invest more time to say something about it.

2 Majestic Q400, best in its type period, better frame rate but the grafics in cockpit of the NGX looks a bit better.

3 Perhaps the  Super King Air from Flight1. I just love turbo props, and this is a study aircraft, with an accurate  G1000

4 PMDG J41, I think this one has the most impresive cockpit ever.

I also spent time with the Milviz C310 and I love the way it behaves, I used for learning how to fly turbo props, BUT something that I will never understad is why the instument, the cockpit in general looks so bad, the same with the  Baron, I need clear instuments to read, after some hours you get your eyes tired, Do not get me wrong, I love this plane, but why, why the instruments are that low level, if they made such a great exterior and engine medelling.

I want to complain about the DUKE V2 because dispite of invest some time in it. I am not quite convince about what many people said about it. Probably its me, but I can not find the wow factor.

A2A, Thanks a lot for the Cherokee and the 172 but, really another cessna? We want a twin for real training please.

And Flight sim labs, where is our Airbus, I have litlte money but for it for that marbel. Dont want to wait another year.

Why on Earth would we hate you?? :huh: Your list is just as relevant as anyone else's :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest ~Craig~

Hi guys this is my first time here ever, but I spent hundreds of hours in the FSX here is my list, I hope you dont hate me:

1 PMDG NGX. It has just everything, complexity, beatuful medeling and is a 737. I think the 777 is too automated and I still need to invest more time to say something about it.

2 Majestic Q400, best in its type period, better frame rate but the grafics in cockpit of the NGX looks a bit better.

3 Perhaps the  Super King Air from Flight1. I just love turbo props, and this is a study aircraft, with an accurate  G1000

4 PMDG J41, I think this one has the most impresive cockpit ever.

Hi Phiotsopher - great choices - and welcome to AVSIM.   :smile:

A2A, Thanks a lot for the Cherokee and the 172 but, really another cessna? We want a twin for real training please.

There is some talk that their next release will be a Piper Seminole, for twin aircraft training. :wink: