Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Bell

Night Environment X Configuration Manager (NEXM)

Guest Chris Bell

Hi Rob

Thank you for sharing your finding us

because of the ability to switch off lights with UTX

we do not directly exclude their lights in our general exclude,

other lighting systems on the market cannot switch their lights off; i don’t know if it’s by design or a bug

these we do try to exclude to the best of our ability

there might be some leaks here and there; but it’s not NE's fault,

just the inability to switch lights off in other add-ons internal controls

development is now completed, first post updated with final version shoots and current info

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461021-night-environment-x-configuration-manager-nexm/#entry3166406

Hi Chris,

This looks great but unless I'm missing something I can't see any information about when it will be available, whether it will work with older Night Environment packs like Great Britain etc etc. Been over to Aerosoft site and can't see anything there either...

Paul

Guest Chris Bell

HI Paul,
the new information been amended to the first post in this thread (follow the link posted to read more on NE site)

the new manager is the base for all new and existing Night Environment regions;
i don't think we have made an official announcement regarding v1.x availability yet;
we just informed we will be offering the upgrade shortly after NEXM is released with Night Environment v2 France

we want to get feedback first from the new system; if all goes well (no reason not to)
we will release an updated for version for v1.x regions to support the new manager

generally, you will be able to download the latest manager version directly from NEXM page or through the manager itself,
(link is hidden until we release the first region that supports NEXM)
it is standalone application we will update regularly

Hi Chris,

What a master piece of work! Thanks for the 4 years work with Vogel (and others?).

I bought yesterday the France package, it's a new vision of flight now!

I may have found a small problem however with the NEXTM settings:

- I decreased the motorway to 25%: the lights are effectively reduced to 25%, but it seems that the halo on ground stay @ 100%. Means that with such settings I have 4 halos for 1 light which looks very strange.

Or am I wrong with other settings?

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Guest Chris Bell

Thank you Roland,

you are not wrong with your setting,

some of the functions are designed for reducing proccessing loads; while maintaining true visuals :smile:

Hi Chris,

Where can I download NEXEM?

I need this for Dubai and CA.

I don't fly in France so I do not plan to get France NE.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Chris Bell

Hi Manny

unfortunately you cannot use NEXM with currently existing NE v1.x

Aerosoft will issue a brand new installer that includes our new version for all existing 1.x regions with compatible architecture; and added features, (will show up in your AS manager)

once you update (it’s a Full install; previous version must be removed first) to our new v1.7, all v1.7 and up regions will be configurable and show up in NEXManager

updating to v1.7 is free to our existing v1.x customers!

Aerosoft will issue a brand new installer that includes our new version for all existing 1.x regions with compatible architecture; and added features, (will show up in your AS manager)

Ah cool! Thanks Chris.

Aerosoft is pretty good about it.. I love the fact that I can always login and download the latest. I usually do not backup stuff if I buy from Aerosoft. Except they won't e-mail and let us know they have a new update. Minor issue.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Chris,

Forgive my confusion, but is NEXM available to download and does any of the functionality currently work with NE UK v1? If not when will NE UK v2 be available, including the NEXM functionality, and is there, or will there be, an upgrade path from v1, or discount for v2?

Many thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest Chris Bell

Hi Stuart

at the moment NEXM is not available for download; it is currently only compatible with NEFR v2 (it will be available online in the future);

in less then a week time Aerosoft will begin distributing NE v1.7 to replace existing v1.x regions; with a new NEXM compatible version for all existing v1.x regiosn

the new NE v1.7 will have about 30% increase in price; if you hurry up you can still pick up our v1.x regions before there's a price increase with v1.7

pre existing v1.x owners will recive the new 1.7 version free of charge (not an upgrade; a new full installer),

just to avoid confusions;

all existin Night Environment v1.x regions are linedup for the upgrade -

Alps Release
Benelux Release
British-Isles Release
California Release
Connecticut Release
Denmark Release
Dubai Release
Finland Release
Florida Release
Germany Release
Greece Release
Israel Release
Italy Release
Massachusetts Release
New-Jersey Release
New-York Release
Norway Release
Pennsylvania Release
Poland Release
Portugal Release
Rhode Island Release
Spain Release
Sweden Release

Many thanks for the clarification and update.

Look forward to v1.7.

Where will the announcement of releases be made? This forum or elsewhere?

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest Chris Bell

you’re very welcome Stuart

we will publish as updates come out here on AVSIM,

on Aerosoft forums and shop, and on Mutley's Hanger press release section,

announcement will also be made through V-Aviation portal; and on our website www.NightEnvironment.com

Any updates on the NEXM for 1.x regions Chris? Will all the v1.7 NE's be released at the same time?

Looks like a great tool.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Guest Chris Bell

Thank you Gordon,

they are all lined up for release now; I’m not sure of the order they will be released,

i don’t believe Aerosoft will release them all at once; probably one or two regions per week;

at the moment France v2 and Florida v1.7 already been released and support NEXM,