Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

Any reviews or thoughts? This should be a big deal for XPX.

NAX669.png

Any reviews or thoughts? This should be a big deal for XPX.

I agree, I desperately want to buy this but not until I have seen some reviews and or comments criticisms. RC4 is an excellent program and if it works as well in XP10 as FSX then this plugin should a a winner.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

The plugin works fine for me (I was involved with some of the testing), it does what it says on the tin and provides a neat and convenient bridge between RC4 and XP10, the only caveat being AI traffic interaction which is an X-Plane limitation. For those coming from FSX who already own RC4 this is a real boon. For those who don't have RC4 you need to read up on it and decide whether it's for you, and bear in mind it is a Windows-only software.

The plugin seems to work fine, but when i want to start, RC4 says "Runtime error 9". 

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Do you have FSX or P3d installed? I wonder how i can build the database for RC4 without any of these programs.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

hello !

I made some testflight from LOWW - LOWS without any problems (using IAP approach, not vectors). "Works like RC4 that I know from MSFS" !!

Really nice and needed plugin !!

Cheers! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I did the same route yesterday, and the only issue i had, was the "Ctrl-shift-0" for the main menu does not work. 

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

I did the same route yesterday, and the only issue i had, was the "Ctrl-shift-0" for the main menu does not work. 

Try any other key than zero for the main menu.

See Manual for RC4 recommended keyboard settings.

Also make sure "rc4.exe" is set to run as admin, so the changes you make to key assignments get saved to "rcv3.dat" file, which is where the plugin reads them.from.

Can't wait to try this. We're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning so I'll be out of the cockpit for the next week. Looking forward to getting this when we get home.

NAX669.png

What needs to be installed first, RC or the plug in? I still have a RC licence from my FSX days.

It makes no difference there is no particular order, but the plugin is obviously useless without having RC4.3 already installed and activated. In fact it can take a few days to get an activation code back from JD so best get moving. ;)

Yes, I reinstall tonight. I'm very happy to recycle an FSX add on. RC4 is a good ATC product.