Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

I had the same question as JensV and was hoping for an answer which would offer a procedure to capture a complete snapshot of XP's scenery data. What's being offered is not, in my opinion, an acceptable solution. Is there not a way to read XP's scenery data similar to reading FSX's scenery data?

JJ

I had the same question as JensV and was hoping for an answer which would offer a procedure to capture a complete snapshot of XP's scenery data. What's being offered is not, in my opinion, an acceptable solution. Is there not a way to read XP's scenery data similar to reading FSX's scenery data?

JJ

There could be a way.

Having said that, we listen to actual users of the Plugin.

Right now it isn't an issue at all.

Yes, there will be the odd mismatch between runway name as seen by X-Plane and Radar Contact.

But then, the same happens when you subscribe to AIRAC cycles to fly accurately, only to find out, a runway has changed in AIRAC database and not so in X-Plane itself. Who would you blame?

99% of Major airports can go years (usually decades) before any of their runways get renamed, if at all.

And you still can update RC4 about those changes with a simple edit to the files.

Hello,

my problems continue unfortunately. I was away from xplane for some time and now came back to it, trying the plugin again. Both XP and radar contact run as administrator. Now the sim starts (10.40 beta) and lets me load radar contact, the first screen which asks for weather or clearance shows up - but when i press cs2 for atis i hear the atis report but have no further option to continue with radar contact - the same happens, when i ask for clearance without atis (cs3), i get the clearance but cannot read it back or continue otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.

BR

khdgermany

Hello,

my problems continue unfortunately. I was away from xplane for some time and now came back to it, trying the plugin again. Both XP and radar contact run as administrator. Now the sim starts (10.40 beta) and lets me load radar contact, the first screen which asks for weather or clearance shows up - but when i press cs2 for atis i hear the atis report but have no further option to continue with radar contact - the same happens, when i ask for clearance without atis (cs3), i get the clearance but cannot read it back or continue otherwise.

BR

khdgermany

Did you change RC4's default key combos as per the manual?

I didn't receive my key! I got the key for MCE for X-Plane, which I already had!

I paid for this product and still can't use it!

I didn't receive my key! I got the key for MCE for X-Plane, which I already had!

I paid for this product and still can't use it!

Kevin

The plugin requires its own key.

The record shows you paid for the plugin but have to claim your key yet.

When Xplane starts and you aren't registered yet, you should get a tiny window with an <Activate> button on it. Just follow instructions.

You will need a valid "RC4toXPX.lic" present inside \RC4toXPlane\ plugin folder for the latter to work as expected.

Hello,

BR

khdgermany

As Ohsirus suggested, maybe a particular issue with key combo assigned for replies?

Which one are you using? Try CTRL+SHIFT+7

Be aware X-Plane lets plugin authors decide whether to forward a particular key combo to all other plugins all the way to X-Plane or treat it as hotkey and absorb it.

We have decided our plugin should always forward the keys even though we could consider them as RC4 hotkeys. It may not be the case with other plugins.

Have you by any chance added custom offsets in XPUIPC via EFASS or something?

I assume you are using XPUIPC V2.0.0.0

I followed the instructions. But the file I got back was "XplaneEdition.lic" and not "RC4toXPX.lic"!

I followed the instructions. But the file I got back was "XplaneEdition.lic" and not "RC4toXPX.lic"!

That one is for your Multi Crew Experience for X-Plane product.

The RC4toXPlane plugin uses a completely different protection system and requires a different key which you are entitled to since you bought a license for the plugin too.

Please send your "registration.txt" file found in \RC4toXPlane\ folder to register(at)multicrewxp.com

Thank you

That one is for your Multi Crew Experience for X-Plane product.

The RC4toXPlane plugin uses a completely different protection system and requires a different key which you are entitled to since you bought a license for the plugin too.

Please send your "registration.txt" file found in \RC4toXPlane\ folder to register(at)multicrewxp.com

Thank you

As I said, that is exactly what I did! And I still can't use this product! Even though you have my money!

As I said, that is exactly what I did! And I still can't use this product! Even though you have my money!

Yes, you sent "registration.txt" and obtained your "XplaneEdition.lic" for the MCE product.

The database shows you have not yet requested your plugin key.

Your order ORDER #: 1313915 for RC4 plugin still shows key neither requested nor delivered.

I don't know what else I can say to get you to send "registration.txt" file found in \RC4toXPlane\ plugin folder to us via e-mail in order to get your "RC4toXPX.lic" activation key.

Once you receive and put the file "RC4toXPX.lic" in plugin folder, you will have your copy activated.

EDIT

Apologies kevin.

After investigating further, it turned out you did request the key today. Unfortunately it was handled as a request for a re-send of the key for MCE X-Plane edition.

You should have the correct key by now.

Let me know otherwise.

I have no offsets in XPUIPC (just the offset.cfg which comes with XPUIPC). The key combos are set to the ones in the manual. The plugin seems to work at first, but as soon as I select one of the two startup option it only plays the resulting radio message and shows the corresponding text, but no further options are displayed nor does it accept any key (...repeat, main menue, read back, etc.)

???

I have no offsets in XPUIPC (just the offset.cfg which comes with XPUIPC). The key combos are set to the ones in the manual. The plugin seems to work at first, but as soon as I select one of the two startup option it only plays the resulting radio message and shows the corresponding text, but no further options are displayed nor does it accept any key (...repeat, main menue, read back, etc.)

???

I suggest the following...

Go to \XPlane installation\Resources\Plugins\ folder

Temporarily remove all the plugins folders, including \RC4toXPlane\ and \XPUIPC\

Go back to downloaded unzipped plugin file and run "SetupRC4".

You should end-up with fresh \RC4toXplane\ and \XPUIPC\ folders. Do not add any other plugins at this stage.

Optionally use the patch found on this thread. It's not essential though.

Run X-Plane and make sure plugin works as expected.

If it's the case, start putting the other plugins back one at a time, checking working status every time you restore one.

Thanks

I did as advised. Sorry, does not change the situation, I can hear and read the radio message (the text box being blank otherwise), but no options show up and no command is accepted. Any other idea?