Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

I had to install the program on a new hard-drive. I resent an email to get my activation key updated 48 hours ago still no response. Thanks you 

I had to install the program on a new hard-drive. I resent an email to get my activation key updated 48 hours ago still no response. Thanks you 

Thanks for the reminder.

It was an oversight. I believe your key is now with you.

How does one turn off the x-plane default ATIS so that only the RC4 one plays? As at the moment they play over the top of each other!

yes, turn the default ATC sound OFF ! :wink: :dance:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Ok, I have a problem:

When I load up X-Plane the RC4TOXPLANE plugin sometimes starts formatting RC4 correctly, but mostly it is not formatted and is just all crammed onto 1 line.

RC4TOXPLANE is available in the menu; RC4 is running; XPUIPC is installed.

I can stop and start X-Plane multiple times and it will sometimes work, sometimes not.

X-PLANE is a new install updated to the latest version. x64

RC4 is fully licenced - and in fact is working except for the fact that I can't read the text.

RC4TOXPLANE plugin is licenced and appears in the plugins menu and is configured to find RC4.exe

XPUIPC is installed by the RC4TOXPLANE plugin (I have also installed a version fresh from the website).

All .exe are set to Run as Administrator.

I am running Windows 10.

There are no other plugins or addons of any sort installed other than default x-plane ones.

Has anyone had anything similar; I am at a loss - I have had support via email from the team but thought it would be a good idea to throw this open to the community.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Ok, I have a problem:

When I load up X-Plane the RC4TOXPLANE plugin sometimes starts formatting RC4 correctly, but mostly it is not formatted and is just all crammed onto 1 line.

RC4TOXPLANE is available in the menu; RC4 is running; XPUIPC is installed.

I can stop and start X-Plane multiple times and it will sometimes work, sometimes not.

X-PLANE is a new install updated to the latest version. x64

RC4 is fully licenced - and in fact is working except for the fact that I can't read the text.

RC4TOXPLANE plugin is licenced and appears in the plugins menu and is configured to find RC4.exe

XPUIPC is installed by the RC4TOXPLANE plugin (I have also installed a version fresh from the website).

All .exe are set to Run as Administrator.

I am running Windows 10.

There are no other plugins or addons of any sort installed other than default x-plane ones.

Has anyone had anything similar; I am at a loss - I have had support via email from the team but thought it would be a good idea to throw this open to the community.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Maybe check under RC4 and make sure General-Other-Display Text is not checked.

Maybe check under RC4 and make sure General-Other-Display Text is not checked.

Checked and Ok.

The behaviour of RC4TOXPLANE is independent of whether RC4 is running or not. I can tell as soon as it initializes and before I launch RC4 whether RC4 will display correctly or not as the plugin briefly displays on startup.

Update:

RC4TOXPLANE initializes correctly every time when running x-plane 32 bit but is intermittent when running 64bit.

This is on a freshly installed copy of x-plane where the only plugins are RC4TOXPLANE and XPUIPC; my main copy won't run in 32bit because of all the addons & scenery.

X-Plane version 10.4

Update:

RC4TOXPLANE initializes correctly every time when running x-plane 32 bit but is intermittent when running 64bit.

This is on a freshly installed copy of x-plane where the only plugins are RC4TOXPLANE and XPUIPC; my main copy won't run in 32bit because of all the addons & scenery.

X-Plane version 10.4

Should work fine under both 64 Bit or 32 Bit.

Ensure both "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" are set to run as administrator.

Go to \X-Plane installation\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\

There should be 2 folders there, a 64 Bit and a 32 Bit one.

What "win.xpl" file size (not file on disk) is reported in the 64 Bit folder?

Should work fine under both 64 Bit or 32 Bit.

Ensure both "X-Plane.exe" and "X-Plane-32Bit.exe" are set to run as administrator.

Go to \X-Plane installation\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\

There should be 2 folders there, a 64 Bit and a 32 Bit one.

What "win.xpl" file size (not file on disk) is reported in the 64 Bit folder?

Shows as 193kb.

I appreciate that it 'should' work, but in my case it only sometimes works in 64bit.

Both are set to run as admin.

Shows as 193kb.

I appreciate that it 'should' work, but in my case it only sometimes works in 64bit.

Both are set to run as admin.

If it's last modified date 23 July 2015 you have the latest update.

It's more than "should work", I don't think anyone flies X-Plane in 32 Bit these days. If it was flawed (and we don't mind if it required further attention, as software is always open to questioning), we would know about it by now, since it was on the market beginning of May 2015. And most importantly would have done something about it.

Really sorry, don't have an answer, unless you let us connect to your machine remotely and see what's going on.

Right now, known issues....

1- Can't use the "Display Text" option in "Radar Contact" user interface settings. That one is designed to output text on another FSUIPC generated window, the adventure window. There is no equivalent under XPUIPC. As a result, you'd see the XPUIPC window flicker.

2 - Need to put aircraft at location that matches flight plan departure airport before clicking <Start RC>. Otherwise, Radar Contact will attempt to slew the aircraft to that location. And it doesn't do that well.

Unless it's a new issue that surfaced after XP 10.40....

Will wait for other users to chime in eventually.

If it's last modified date 23 July 2015 you have the latest update.

It's more than "should work", I don't think anyone flies X-Plane in 32 Bit these days. If it was flawed (and we don't mind if it required further attention, as software is always open to questioning), we would know about it by now, since it was on the market beginning of May 2015. And most importantly would have done something about it.

Really sorry, don't have an answer, unless you let us connect to your machine remotely and see what's going on.

Right now, known issues....

1- Can't use the "Display Text" option in "Radar Contact" user interface settings. That one is designed to output text on another FSUIPC generated window, the adventure window. There is no equivalent under XPUIPC. As a result, you'd see the XPUIPC window flicker.

2 - Need to put aircraft at location that matches flight plan departure airport before clicking <Start RC>. Otherwise, Radar Contact will attempt to slew the aircraft to that location. And it doesn't do that well.

Unless it's a new issue that surfaced after XP 10.40....

Will wait for other users to chime in eventually.

It was doing it on 10.36 too.

I'd never even launched 32bit xplane until I was troubleshooting this issue.

Works fine on 32bit doesn't work fine on 64bit.

The point is that I don't have to launch RC4 to know that the plugin isn't working - as soon as it's splash screen shows on initialization - it is either correctly formatted or not.

I don't mind you connecting to my machine or running a logging version of the plugin if it might help.

I'd be happy to know that there was something wrong with my setup, but it isn't the config of the plugin, RC4 or Xplane that I can see.

I don't mind you connecting to my machine or running a logging version of the plugin if it might help.

OK, thanks.

Contact support at your earliest convenience. We'll do a remote session on a day and time that suits you next week.

Meanwhile, would appreciate you state the following

Operating System:

OS language (and whether it was altered at some point).

Radar Contact version used

OK, thanks.

Contact support at your earliest convenience. We'll do a remote session on a day and time that suits you next week.

Meanwhile, would appreciate you state the following

Operating System:

OS language (and whether it was altered at some point).

Radar Contact version used

Windows 10 (upgraded from Win8.1 - which was a fresh install).

RC 4.3.3845