Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Latest Captain Sim C-130 News

>"(...) The flight sim world has become a pretty unfriendly>place (...)">>I agree, Paul. Especially since a couple of years ago Captain>Sim informed their dissatisfied customers: "You are betrayers>and we, as ex-Soviet military, know how to deal with those".>This statement, not only in private emails but also published>on their website, contributed greatly to the flightsim world>having become a pretty unfriendly place.>>Be well!>>Jaap Verduijn.I remember that.Probably not the best marketing idea. lmao

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest dpc

Now this could just be me but, if I were in this business and I planned to shortly release a product that I new I was going to sell at a price of 51.00, I'm not so sure I would ask everyone to guess what the price would be. 51.oo is definitely on the high end of the payware aircraft price scale. The chance of the average guess being that high is slim. So now what does that do?Now they know that over 1000 people, on average, feel that the price should be 38.00, because if you don't think that people voted with the idea of driving the price, you're just kidding yourself. What that vote basically says is CaptainSim, I'm willing to pay 38.00 for the C-130. Now let's see what happens

Since generalization is always wrong, let me say this as a statement of coincidence maybe:Russian developers are the worst with customer support. It's so bad it's ridiculous. Should it be captainsim or SSW. And their products...let's just say they sure set their goals pretty high.Just my personal observationsJason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest allcott

>Now this could just be me but, if I were in this business and>I planned to shortly release a product that I new I was going>to sell at a price of 51.00, I'm not so sure I would ask>everyone to guess what the price would be. 51.oo is>definitely on the high end of the payware aircraft price>scale. The chance of the average guess being that high is>slim. So now what does that do?>>Now they know that over 1000 people, on average, feel that the>price should be 38.00, because if you don't think that people>voted with the idea of driving the price, you're just kidding>yourself. What that vote basically says is CaptainSim, I'm>willing to pay 38.00 for the C-130. >>Now let's see what happens>>The cynic in me suggests they observed all the guesses, then chose a price that no-one had guessed so they didn't have to give even one away. Unless they did what we have to do under competition legislation at work, and lodged the correct answer with an independent Third Party in case verification that nothing funny was going on was needed. Like now. Anyone actually think Captain Sim are NOT capable of that level of subterfuge? All these publicity stunts and inane PR! You have to say it would have been easier to have fixed the previous problems and opened a forum. :+Allcott

>>Me too.........................>>>>Move over PMDG, you have got company.>>>>My allegiance is with 'LDS' from now on. They give true value>>for money without being greedy.>>>>Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and>active>>'FlightSim User's Group' member at>>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/>>Sorry, this is just ridiculous! LDS is a great add-on but the>PMDG Queen is light years ahead of it in every area.----------------------------------------------------------- You got that right! Light years ahead with more stutters than Bush.-------------------------------------------------------------------When they>address all the issues, like LDS who had many major issues as>well after its released, it will be at the same level of>greatness their NG was. --------------------------Good job we are not holding our breath waiting eh?And by the way, to get full>functionality for the NG you had to spend 80 dollars.------------------------------------------------------You must have spent more than anyone else then?? >Well>worth it.>>I can't believe you are going to complain about 50 dollars for>a high quality add-on and compare it to a less advanced but>very fun add-on for 20 dollars less? ---------------------------------------------Please explain what fun add-on your referring to?I DO have the right to complain about an add-on that is far from perfect for a lot of people. it's just that some of us complain, as is our right, while others sit on the fence listening.While this hobby is>expensive, it is one of the cheapest hobbies compared to going>to see movies, going to nice restaurants or bars, etc.-----------------------------------------------------------I don't go to restaurants, movies or bars.>>I think calling PMDG "greedy" because they charge a certain>price for an add-on they worked extremely hard on is extremely>short sighted and arrogant.---------------------------------I find that your blind and blinkered comments more, a description of arrogance. Just go over to their forum and read all the censored post's before making judgments of the opinions here?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Nm...the pricing on the PMDG site is screwy.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>>You got that right! Light years ahead with more stutters than>Bush.>I have no stutter problems with their add-on. What about your system configuration? >>Good job we are not holding our breath waiting eh?>>The LDS airplane was unflyable unless you didn't want to use the FMC for weeks.>>You must have spent more than anyone else then??>So I made a mistake in the price, 60 instead of 80. But you are dodging the point. You didn't complain about greedy pmdg and how you had to pay 60 dollars for the NG series, yet the most realistic, complicated, detailed Queen add-on is 50 and you can't stop complaining about their greed>Please explain what fun add-on your referring to?>>I DO have the right to complain about an add-on that is far>from perfect for a lot of people. it's just that some of us>complain, as is our right, while others sit on the fence>listening.>>Sure it's your right, but don't be surprised when you start crying greedy developers and people respond to your ridiculous comments>I don't go to restaurants, movies or bars.>>>I am COMPARING this hobby to others. Again over your head as was the pricing of the NG>I find that your blind and blinkered comments more, a>description of arrogance. Just go over to their forum and read>all the censored post's before making judgments of the>opinions here?>>Blinkered? What does that mean? And the arrogance is pretending to know how many man hours they worked on the Queen and what price they are charging and why. To call them greedy is arrogance. What censored posts? I have complained on their forums about crashing issues and out of memory problems. Nothing has been sensored. But again, you complain they are greedy, don't be surprised when their reaction, and others, is negative towards your arrogant comments.

Guest paulheaton

Hi,Its really interesting reading the comments on this topic.I can't believe that its caused so much of a stir and why everybody works themselves up in a frenzy about the Captain Sim C130!Its simple really,if you don't want to buy the C130 at $51 then don't buy it,nobody's putting a gun to your head!Does it really affect your life if you do or don't buy the C130?If you answer yes then I would suggest you get out more often.RegardsPH

>Hi,>>Its really interesting reading the comments on this topic.I>can't believe that its caused so much of a stir and why>everybody works themselves up in a frenzy about the Captain>Sim C130!>>Its simple really,if you don't want to buy the C130 at $51>then don't buy it,nobody's putting a gun to your head!>>Does it really affect your life if you do or don't buy the>C130?>>If you answer yes then I would suggest you get out more>often.>>>Regards>>>>PH>>>I dont think most of the comments here are nessacarily directed at the C-130 as much as they are past business practices of the developers.

Ark

Guest JTEK99

More good news, straight from the CS site:----------------------------------22 Sep '05The 'Legendary C-130' can be out any day. Many people guessed the release date correctly. We shall publish the Prize Winners list and contact them after the 'Legendary C-130' release. Expect detailed list of the C-130 features, updated screenshots and video shortly.----------------------------------I think that in the next contest, we'll get the chance at guessing how Captain Sim defines "shortly". :)Ahhh, *any day now*. (sigh)

>More good news, straight from the CS site:>>---------------------------------->22 Sep '05>>The 'Legendary C-130' can be out any day. >>Many people guessed the release date correctly. >We shall publish the Prize Winners list and contact them after>the 'Legendary C-130' release. >>Expect detailed list of the C-130 features, updated>screenshots and video shortly.>---------------------------------->>I think that in the next contest, we'll get the chance at>guessing how Captain Sim defines "shortly". :)>>Ahhh, *any day now*. (sigh)Well aint that nice..... even the beta testers don't know the release date. Good to see they're keeping their greatest free asset informed.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Guest allcott

Again, only the really cynical would suggest that they are now defining the marketing strategy by reading the forums.So here goes:"FIXED THE *&^%ing 707 YET?" }(Allcott

>I have no stutter problems with their add-on. What about your>system configuration? You are one of the lucky ones.>The LDS airplane was unflyable unless you didn't want to use>the FMC for weeks.You are only referring to the SIDS/STARS problem. It certainly didn't stop me from enjoying it.>>So I made a mistake in the price, 60 instead of 80. But you>are dodging the point. >Sure it's your right, but don't be surprised when you start>crying greedy developers and people respond to your ridiculous>commentsI purchased the product and I am HOPING that PMDG will solve the issues but, how long will that take?>I am COMPARING this hobby to others. Again over your head as>was the pricing of the NG>>I find that your blind and blinkered comments more, a>>description of arrogance. Just go over to their forum and>read>>all the censored post's before making judgments of the>>opinions here?>>>>>>Blinkered? What does that mean? And the arrogance is>pretending to know how many man hours they worked on the Queen>and what price they are charging and why. Blinkered is a word used to describe people that can only see straight ahead rather like a horse that wears blinkers for that specific purpose. You fit into this assesement together with your inability to add up figures.Finally, as I don't wish to change the point of this thread further, your 'footer' say's it all, dosen't it, but is a poor excuse!A 'Footer' btw is a slogan you include below your signature.Dave on the Devon Riviera

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dpc

Ah yes. One of the "does it really affect your life" croud. :-roll If you're not interested then why do bother to read the forums? Or are you just here to see how the little people live :-beerchug

>>You are one of the lucky ones.>My problems are random crashes, I am not one of the lucky ones. But that doesn't mean I can call PMDG greedy for asking 50+ dollars for an addon>>You are only referring to the SIDS/STARS problem. It certainly>didn't stop me from enjoying it.>There were many more problems than just SID/STARS>>>So I made a mistake in the price, 60 instead of 80. But you>>are dodging the point. >>You never responded to that>>I purchased the product and I am HOPING that PMDG will solve>the issues but, how long will that take?>>A complicated add-on might take a while to address all the issues. LDS took a long time to address the issues. They just now released SP2>>Blinkered is a word used to describe people that can only see>straight ahead rather like a horse that wears blinkers for>that specific purpose. You fit into this assesement together>with your inability to add up figures.My inability to add up figures? I was thinking off the top of my head how much the NG cost sice I purchased the first part over 2 years ago and the 2nd a year ago. Your insulting comments show that you personally think straight ahead with your "GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY" remarks when you can't see the big picture. Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle>>Finally, as I don't wish to change the point of this thread>further, your 'footer' say's it all, dosen't it, but is a poor>excuse!>>A 'Footer' btw is a slogan you include below your signature.>>Dave on the Devon RivieraHow many people know blinkered if they aren't around horses? Take your insults and go find somewhere else to complain about greedy developers and how people are blind and only see straight ahead. Your comments are so ironic it must be hard to look at yourself with a straight face.