Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Latest Captain Sim C-130 News

I stand beside you both also... With the memory of the 707 beta fresh on my mind.. what a waste..Unfortunetly, even though I am on the Beta team for the 130. I never got a chance to see it since I was deployed when they released the beta. I only hope that all your guy's work and advice wasn't a waste of time.All I know is, It'll sure be sad to see another beautiful external model go to waste... I hope they got their act together.-Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief) Jason.Peters@cox.nethttp://www.feelthere.com/banner/erjpilot.jpg

With respect to Captain Sim and their products: (and Ariane too!)1. Caveat emptor2. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.3. There's one born every minute.I have two CS add-ons...the 727, and the F-104. The flight dynamics are second-rate amateur works in both cases. One trip around the pattern in the Dreamfleet 727 or the Cloud9 F-104 illustrates in a thousand ways the severe shortcomings of the Captain Sim models...and that a talented modeling team CAN do it right within the bounds of FS.Wouldn't buy their 707 or the C-130 if somebody else gave me the money to do it. Not enough hours in a lifetime to beat your head against the wall trying to make one of these models fly right. Especially with so many good ones out there.Check out their support forum. OOOPS! I forgot...there ISN'T a support forum any more...they closed it when it got too hot in the kitchen.To recap:1. Caveat emptor2. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.3. There's one born every minute.Life is all about choices. Choose wisely!RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi,They left me high and dry with the B707, I will not give them another PENNY, I don't care how great the product is. Until they fix the B707, I refuse to do business with this company. The B707 is no longer installed on my computer.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I don't have any Captain Sim planes so can someone explain what the problem is with the company? Do they make bad planes? Or do they not give any product support? Or is it both?

Guest Darren Howie

Well they still havnt fixed up the problems with the 727 which was released years ago so the chances of releasing a finished C130 is pie in the sky.CS lost me with their lack of service and support for the 727.From where i am they make Arianne look great.Darren

>I don't have any Captain Sim planes so can someone explain>what the problem is with the company? Do they make bad planes?>Or do they not give any product support? Or is it both?Well, to be fair, they do create great visual models. To me, this is where the greatness ends. Both their lack of a support forum and general lack of care when it comes to either modelling systems right in the first place or correcting problems later makes them a non contender when compared to LDS, PMDG etc....Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/conc_capt_ba.jpg

Guest allcott

>I don't have any Captain Sim planes so can someone explain>what the problem is with the company? Do they make bad planes?>Or do they not give any product support? Or is it both?Don't get us started. Threats and intimidation feature in the Captain Slime model of `customer support`. Pray - PRAY - you never have an issue with any of their planes. And it would be a miracle if you didn't.Like a LOT of people, I've given up on CS. And their approach to marketing the C130 sure ain't helping.x(Still expecting the public to pay to beta test for them. Whatever are they thinking?Allcott

Given the popularity of the 130, and the lack of popularity of Captain Sim, why don't some nice developers, like Cloud 9, develop a new C130. At first I couldn't understand why Cloud9 would make another Zipper, but everyone who bought it understood after flying it for ten seconds. Imho there's room for another C130, and it doesn't have to take 3-4 years to build it. (How long does it take to build a real Herk?)

Guest ScottPilot

So I guess all this means is, "Don't ever buy from these guys!!!"I have never bought from them in the past, but I was considering the C-130, but now I am too scared off to give them a try.I'll stick with companies like Eaglesoft, Dreamfleet, and other Flight 1 products.Yikes!Scott :-eek :-eek :-eek :-ukliam

Guest panda234

There will be a variety of posts when the C130 is released but nobody will complain that they didn't know the company had a rep. :-)billg

Me too.........................Move over PMDG, you have got company.My allegance is with 'LDS' from now on. They give true value for money without being greedy.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest allcott

Exactly right. There will always be those who want to be first in the queue, and that includes Captain Sim customers. I believe these people are called `masochists`.We should be able to get a `handle` on whether CS have learned from their past mistakes within hours of the C130 emerging from the prototype room into the full-on beta test environment - sorry, `public arena`.Even if its perfect, it's going to be a hard sell at that price.Allcott

>Me too.........................>>Move over PMDG, you have got company.>>My allegance is with 'LDS' from now on. They give true value>for money without being greedy.>>Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active>'FlightSim User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/Sorry, this is just ridiculous! LDS is a great add-on but the PMDG Queen is light years ahead of it in every area. When they address all the issues, like LDS who had many major issues as well after its released, it will be at the same level of greatness their NG was. And by the way, to get full functionality for the NG you had to spend 80 dollars. Well worth it.I can't believe you are going to complain about 50 dollars for a high quality add-on and compare it to a less advanced but very fun add-on for 20 dollars less? While this hobby is expensive, it is one of the cheapest hobbies compared to going to see movies, going to nice restaurants or bars, etc.I think calling PMDG "greedy" because they charge a certain price for an add-on they worked extremely hard on is extremely short sighted and arrogant.