Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

"Yep its great, you guys are gonna love it", don't you think?

Steve,

The 747 is great and I know you guys are going to love it.  :BigGrin:

Is it just me, or does it seem to be a very quick transition from beta testing commencing to testers posting pictures and comment? I've been buying PMDG since they did, well, manuals, and usually it is deep into testing that restrictions are lifted.

David,

It is indeed. I'm pretty sure we've never been allowed to post pictures this early. Personally, I'm still getting used to the 747 again. While it's still a Boeing like the other PMDG jets, it is a bit different from the 737 and the 777 and I'm having to relearn everything that I used to know about the 747.

In any event, a couple quick thoughts from me. The first thing that caught my eye, or ear as the case was, is the sounds. I've never been much of a sound guy, but Armen has done an amazing job with the 747. The other night I found myself blasting up and down 25R/7L at LAX just to hear the sounds.

The second thing that jumped out at me was all the options PMDG has thrown in. I spent much of my first flight playing with the many options they've included. Some  of them are similar to previous products, but then there are things like an option for the taxi light (Installed or not), adding or removing the RMI that is below the clock, a few anti-ice options, different styles of radio panels, and the ability to select different window frames. There's even an option to remove the memory number device on the yoke for those of us who find it ugly.

Nothing special here, but I thought some might want to see the differences. The usual disclaimers apply to the below. They are beta shots, things are subject to change, it's

late and I'm tired so they aren't pretty, etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 4

On the subject of Beta testers not posting pics on this forum, I would wager that some of them don't even know about this forum and are simply helping out PMDG to test the product due to their technical expertise (e.g. pilots, aircraft engineers/maintainers, people from Boeing, etc) and don't really follow this hobby a great deal - or not enough to frequent this forum and are busy going about their normal lives.

That's our Tech Team. The Tech Team is current pilots, former pilots, maintenance personnel, and so on, for the aircraft being simulated. The Beta Team is a select group of people we've developed a relationship with over the years, who approach the aircraft more from the sim perspective.

Is it just me, or does it seem to be a very quick transition from beta testing commencing to testers posting pictures and comment? I've been buying PMDG since they did, well, manuals, and usually it is deep into testing that restrictions are lifted.

Yeah. We didn't make much mention of it, but for the first time ever, we lifted the restriction on pictures pretty much as soon as the beta team got their hands on it.

In any event, a couple quick thoughts from me. The first thing that caught my eye, or ear as the case was, is the sounds. I've never been much of a sound guy, but Armen has done an amazing job with the 747. The other night I found myself blasting up and down 25R/7L at LAX just to hear the sounds.

Glad I'm not the only one. I actually sat there on Runway 30 at IAD with the aircraft in takeoff config (so the config warning wouldn't go off), just running from idle up to takeoff power just to hear the engines spin up and start to growl. Gotta love the RR for that.

Kyle Rodgers

just running from idle up to takeoff power just to hear the engines spin up and start to growl. Gotta love the RR for that.

That is one of the sweetest parts of the whole PMDG cake. Love that about the 777 and the 737

is the 747-8I in Beta, too? 

No need to add too much complication of people getting confused about what product has what. They're different enough that it would start to get messy.

"[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!"

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

No need to add too much complication of people getting confused about what product has what. They're different enough that it would start to get messy.

"[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!"

Ok, i see! Thank you Kyle. Can you tell me if the -8I will be an addon for the 747-400 or a standalone Product? 747-8I is very different systemwise, isn´t it? 

The first thing that caught my eye, or ear as the case was, is the sounds. I've never been much of a sound guy, but Armen has done an amazing job with the 747. The other night I found myself blasting up and down 25R/7L at LAX just to hear the sounds.

Thanks Mike!  :smile:

Glad I'm not the only one. I actually sat there on Runway 30 at IAD with the aircraft in takeoff config (so the config warning wouldn't go off), just running from idle up to takeoff power just to hear the engines spin up and start to growl. Gotta love the RR for that.

Kyle - The RR engines is easily the most complex engine soundset I have ever made! It has taken many months of meticulous work to get it right because there are many more distinct subtle sound layer transitions that occur compared to the other engine types as you move the throttles forward. These extra characteristics arise from the RR engines being a three spool engine design compared to the two spool designs of the GE and PW engines - so you are hearing a far more complex machine with more audio layers and characteristics compared to the other two engine types.  I was lucky to fly 2 flights on the upper deck and 2 flights in the nose with the RB211s and having felt the experience first hand has definately contributed to the realism of these wonderful sounding engines.

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guys.. Small question

. Are the winglets visible from the flightdeck?

If I'm not wrong.. Engines 1 and 4 are visible from the extremities of the left and right side windows right?

Also.. Could someone please tell me the height of the cockpit from the ground?

Looking forward to dwarf other planes!

Regards

H.M

Hello

. Are the winglets visible from the flightdeck?

Also.. Could someone please tell me the height of the cockpit from the ground?

I'm not a beta tester and have not the fcom at disposal, and even with that I could not answer the first question anyway. But as for the second and it's more from judging from the information I can see and the full height I believe the cockpit floor must be at somewhere between 7 and 9 meters from the ground.

Yoke movement Please ;-) !

I'm confused. This has been in all of our products...

Kyle Rodgers

On the old V2 the movemnt is wrong must be 85°(full left full right Aileron  .. After the last NGX 737 update he make it correct ..

best regards 

:wink:

Rudder Check is very important for evry flight :Tounge:

best regards

Yeah. We didn't make much mention of it, but for the first time ever, we lifted the restriction on pictures pretty much as soon as the beta team got their hands on it.

I'm sure I can speak for all of us waiting patiently by saying thank you for that :good:

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

I'd start with a delivery flight from Everett!

More like a returning to service 17 year old 744 from the Mojave desert...

• Upvote 1