Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

FSX cloud shadows

Seems like nothing is impossible...

I'm seriously considering to abandon DX9 right now... (which is a big deal for me. Long time ENB Series user here. :tongue: )

Of course you shall abandon DX9!..there is many benefits with DX10, visual improvements, better performance, better VAS usage etc. I also used ENB before which I thought I never could live without..but thanks to SweetFX (DX10 compatible) you can have the same effects as ENB, link here https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/136/

Lookin' good. Not P3D good, but not too bad for FSX.

Expected comment from a P3D user  :rolleyes:  :LMAO:

Guest Novation

Expected comment from a P3D user :rolleyes: :LMAO:

A P3D, FSX, XP11 and Aerofly user. 

If you think FSX even with these added, and rather broken shadows looks better than P3D then the joke is firmly on you.  :Applause:   :lol: 

Cool colors you managed to get as well  :bad: 

A P3D, FSX, XP11 and Aerofly user. 

If you think FSX even with these added, and rather broken shadows looks better than P3D then the joke is firmly on you.  :Applause:   :lol:

Cool colors you managed to get as well  :bad:

:Applause: Applause to another fantastic simmer who knows best. As a FSX user, I must say I know best, so the you joke is firmly on you  :Big Grin: , especially after your comments and your screenies I've seen,,

Ps. my colours are not supposed to bee cool ;)..how old are you?

Guest Novation

Oh dear me :fool:  :lol: 

We really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel arn't we.

[grammar police on] Well yes! You two guys are indeed scrapping aren't you ;) [grammar police off] :D

Each sim has its own merits as we all know. Yes P3D is an improvement and will be more so if/when it migrates to 64bit. However, it's good that fsx is still getting these little extras; FS9 is still soldiering on and looking great, so why don't we all just go fly (virtual aviate!)?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Oh dear me :fool:  :lol:

Maybe, but If you do not have something better to say in my post, please be silent  :wink:  :LMAO: .

Each sim has its own merits as we all know. Yes P3D is an improvement and will be more so if/when it migrates to 64bit. However, it's good that fsx is still getting these little extras; FS9 is still soldiering on and looking great, so why don't we all just go fly (virtual aviate!)?

100 % agreed on this, end of discussion "which is the best sim"!

Of course you shall abandon DX9!..there is many benefits with DX10, visual improvements, better performance, better VAS usage etc. I also used ENB before which I thought I never could live without..but thanks to SweetFX (DX10 compatible) you can have the same effects as ENB, link here https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/136/

Expected comment from a P3D user  :rolleyes:  :LMAO:

The only thing holding me back is the enormous time I'll certainly spend to get the visuals I want -- again. :tongue:

When I start it, I won't stop until I'm satisfied -- and this can take weeks... or months, haha. I want to fly the upcoming PMDG 747 before going back to the "tweak" time.

Now that DX10 is getting shadows I wonder if Cumulus X! will display properly and create usable thermals? http://www.luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/ for the budding glider pilots..

I'll hopefully get some cloud shadows in the new year when I should have the spare cash. Ah, first world problems! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The only thing holding me back is the enormous time I'll certainly spend to get the visuals I want -- again. :tongue:

When I start it, I won't stop until I'm satisfied -- and this can take weeks... or months, haha. I want to fly the upcoming PMDG 747 before going back to the "tweak" time.

This sounds like me so I understand you very well  :lol: ..it took months for me to get a realistic visual appearance after changing to SweetFX

I'll hopefully get some cloud shadows in the new year when I should have the spare cash. Ah, first world problems! :cool:

I really hope you can :wink: ..I mean, who can live without cloud schadows he he :P  (another first world problem)

Some more shots, this time from my relatively newly made scenery over Gran Canaria:

l8LaRku.jpg

uiKzHUa.jpg

0Qiv0eU.jpg

pk5NrPY.jpg

• Upvote 1

It still amazes me that 10+ year old video game software still exceeds the visual quality of multi-million dollar Full Flight Simulators running TROPOS 6000 or VITAL 1100.