Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

Whatever comes out of Lockheed Martin's next flight simulator product, I'm sure everyone will be happy for at least 10 minutes, maybe even 12 minutes ... possibly 13 minutes if it's released on a Friday night.

Cheers, Rob.

Oh my god I can't believe someone actually took the bait on this, only flight simmers... :Doh:

https://goo.gl/r0qNY3

• Upvote 1

Oh my god I can't believe someone actually took the bait on this, only flight simmers... :Doh:

I saw this too and couldn't tell if this was some sort of click-bait post or a joke lol!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

you should have seen facebook! it's getting out of control! 

Its all over the Facebook groups now too, including one wag who posted an X-Plane boot screen with the words RIP. I enjoy both P3D and XP but not the sheer silliness of some simmers

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Has anyone heard word from Majestic or PMDG as to updating to 64-bit?  Until these planes are compatible w/ V4 I will be holding pat w/ V3.  I guess it's bye bye for RA Turbine Duke which is a shame that is such as great plane as is their Lancair.   And then there's GSX, FSCaptain and all of the rest.

Does XPlane 11 implement seasonal changes in their scenery yet?

PMDG has stated that they will protect the purchasers of the new 747 QOTS by porting over to a 64bit version 4 of P3D at no charge.  I suspect that means the 737 and 777 will come at a cost but that has not been stated or defined....in fairness to PMDG they may not know at this point what is involved.  Majestic...I have not heard anything.

• Upvote 1

Mark   CYYZ      

PMDG has stated that they will protect the purchasers of the new 747 QOTS by porting over to a 64bit version 4 of P3D at no charge.  I suspect that means the 737 and 777 will come at a cost but that has not been stated or defined....in fairness to PMDG they may not know at this point what is involved.  Majestic...I have not heard anything.

I thought I read a couple of weeks ago someone saying PMDG said any current owners of P3Dv3 PMDG products won't need to pay for next P3D upgrade but maybe that was not correct info or could very well also be me not remembering correctly.

Richard Åsberg

I just hope there is more to v4 than just a 64bit version of v3. The sim is in dire need of a lighting system and sound overhaul. Updated ATC would be great too but I wont hold my breath for that one.

Couldn't agree more and exactly what I said a couple of pages back IIRC.

Richard Åsberg

I just hope there is more to v4 than just a 64bit version of v3. The sim is in dire need of a lighting system and sound overhaul. Updated ATC would be great too but I wont hold my breath for that one.

It seems a brand new lighting system is included, based on what I've been reading over the last 24 hours. No mention of audio.

• Upvote 2

The V4 icon was shown in a video from another flight simmer which took the video down and the re-uploaded it again without showing the icon.  Who was it? A clue. Last letter in last name "h".

Majestic...I have not heard anything.

Well, I'm fully hooked now on the Dash 8--I hope they don't update the Dash 8 for another full year, that way I can avoid P3D V4 and do the upgrade when it's time to build a new PC  :smile:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The V4 icon was shown in a video from another flight simmer which took the video down and the re-uploaded it again without showing the icon.  Who was it? A clue. Last letter in last name "h".

It was also shown by Mathijs Kok accidentally yesterday night.

sig01.png

I think a few people need to get a life and calm down. For goodness sake, in the end all it is, is a computer game and some around the community are carrying on like it is life or death. There are more important things to get out of shape about.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett