Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

in the end all it is, is a computer game .

It is not - ask LM! :smile:

Otherwise I agree, though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Its all over the Facebook groups now too, including one wag who posted an X-Plane boot screen with the words RIP. I enjoy both P3D and XP but not the sheer silliness of some simmers

Might not be so silly. LM in 64 bit will take one of the very few advantages that XP has, away. 

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

PMDG has stated that they will protect the purchasers of the new 747 QOTS by porting over to a 64bit version 4 of P3D at no charge.  I suspect that means the 737 and 777 will come at a cost but that has not been stated or defined....in fairness to PMDG they may not know at this point what is involved.  Majestic...I have not heard anything.

The 777 version for P3D is free of charge for 64bit - part of the reason I bought it 

Rich Sennett

The 777 version for P3D is free of charge for 64bit - part of the reason I bought it 

Thanks for the clarification, was not aware of this.

Mark   CYYZ      

let's hope so!

Been stated as fact cant look for post at the moment 

Rich Sennett

Is there an official release of this somewhere.  I've been toying with the idea of adding to the hanger and torn between the T7 or the QOTS.  Been wanting to wait with all these new version rumors before investing more but this might push me along.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Thanks for the clarification, was not aware of this.

Is there an official release of this somewhere.  I've been toying with the idea of adding to the hanger and torn between the T7 or the QOTS.  Been wanting to wait with all these new version rumors before investing more but this might push me along.

From this post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/

x64 UPDATES:

============

It is anticipated that P3D will be offered in an x64 variation at some point in the future.  PMDG will be monitoring development of the x64 version of P3D in order to manage the process by which we begin offering x64 compatible versions of our products for P3D users.

Based on our knowledge of the process at this time, we anticipate that x64 upgrades will be made available to licensed users of PMDG products at no cost.  This information is subject to change pending the development, testing and release of an x64 version of P3D.

So, it may or may not be free.  "This information is subject to change pending the development, testing and release of an x64 version of P3D."

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

From this post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/

So, it may or may not be free.  "This information is subject to change pending the development, testing and release of an x64 version of P3D."

Thanks Devin - appreciate it

Rich Sennett

All good Rich!!  :)

Boy he left that door open - thought it was cut and dry - guess not - good luck guys 

Rich Sennett

I'm in a sort of limbo at the moment..i want to buy something..just having the 64bit rumours in the background are making me think i should wait.

i'd rather install it once than have to do it ll again (friday)??..you see my dilemma.guess i will know in a few days.

steve

Different markets, different customers.  :wink:

... and same simmers.