Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

Actually he said it was at least 5 figures. I don't think he'll be booking any holidays in St. Lucia today or any time soon. 

For me, it's a simple case of not having the time to get the display looking great myself. I downloaded PTA tweaks and a config file posted on his twitch channel some months ago in P3Dv3, and my enjoyment of flying went up easily 10-15% just based on the aesthetics I now have. I'm prepared to pay for that to continue in v4, and some may not. You can choose whether you're in or out.

For the poster who asked about entering the activation every time on startup. I have the same issue. Hopefully that can get sorted soon.

Dave Hyde

crap_landing_dave

Ill wait for some support for this tool. The other dev was all was there.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

My gosh people are so darn cheap.  This product was such a godsend for p3d it should have been payware all along.  For a few bucks just buy the product, support the fact that Matt has made it available again and will continue to improve it.  A few days ago people were kicking and screaming because it wasn't going to be available for v4, now that it is people still are not happy.

• Upvote 5

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

there's  always a bunch of people wanting something for nothing........................................but they wouldn't do anything for "nothing" why?cause it doesn't pay bills, buy food, etc.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I bought it, but I have to wait until friday to try it at home.

I have Q. Do you have to take the backup of the files (standard) like we did in P3dv3?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

All I can say on the subject is thanks Matt for purchasing the code and charging us a small fee to continue to use one of the best apps for P3D.

From EGFF to YSSY

4 hours ago, kamaz74 said:

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

Please take a moment to read the reasons why it's not free and why it even still exists before bashing.  See above post.

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I completely agree with you!!!

Hell, the ONLY reason it's payware now is because this Yuri guy held out for such a high price.

It's interesting, Yuri says he won't continue development because it's too costly yet charges thousands of dollars for it.

How does these even make sense? Do we as a community just gave in and pay anything a dev asks us too?

We as a community didn't think that this software was worth anything more than payware. Then we all jump at the opportunity to pay money for it? (I'm talking about those thst didn't donate. I didn't and I'm surely not going to pay now.)

It's obvious he only held out for his own personal gain.

Matt only buys it because he sees some potential to make quick cash.

This is such a racket.

AND THEN FUNNY PART OF ALL IS....

Everyone who complained about pmdg and other developers charging twice for the same product are rushing out to buy this software. Which is in fact the same as the freeware version.

You people wonder why companies price things the way they do. Because 95 percent of the people in this community will buy anything just for the chance to fly a new airplane they couldmy fly in real life or for an opportunity to get closer to the real world.

It's the exact same problem with the regionals terrible pay here in the states. They know young folks will be ok getting paid whatever amount just to fly a jet.

Freakin ridiculous.

If this program was valued at over 2 grand, I wonder what the level-d 757 would be worth right now.

If Yuri developed it he can charge whatever he wanted for it or take his marbles and go home, it was his choice and his code.

I've seen several great programs try donationware model but honestly it just doesn't work. People seem well intentioned to donate but then just never seem to get around to it. AVSIM itself survives on donations  but to many it's just a free resource and the donation part never comes to mind at all....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rgerdes said:

bought it and applied Adams last preset and it looks good - so far

I was just wondering if Adams presets would work in it. I have one pig hood dialed in perfectly in P3DV3. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

If Yuri developed it he can charge whatever he wanted for it or take his marbles and go home, it was his choice and his code.

I've seen several great programs try donationware model but honestly it just doesn't work. People seem well intentioned to donate but then just never seem to get around to it. AVSIM itself survives on donations  but to many it's just a free resource and the donation part never comes to mind at all....

No one said he didn't have rights to charge for it. It's asinine thst someone actually paid 5 figures for something like that though. It's almost laughable that he thought it was worth that much and it's even more laughable that someone  agreed with him.

THis hobby has become a racket.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

This tool is as indispensable as FSUIPC. And I will also be purchasing it. For one I am a fan of Matt's work and I and great full he is giving back to the community by investing his own money into this for let's remember "Our Benefit". 

You have to remember. All of this takes time, time to produce, and make workable for all of us.  

Let me give you an example

I've been working on a Repaint. The JetBlue FDNY jet for the FsLabs. I have been working on this for two months. 1 repaint. Why ? Because I have too work 60 hours a week to make a living and I have to go through flight school. I make ends meet with my pay. Imagine the time I have to work to get 10,000 dollars to invest in a. Business. 

Life is not cheap. And if people like Matt take their time and invest in the community the least we can go is support people like that. I am grateful enough that all of these developers already giving us free upgrades. 

Let me ask you all. What makes this different that paying for an upgrade for FSUIPC? IMO not much. And we'll worth the cost. 

No let me put this soap box away 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I'm glad that it is available for P3D v4.  I used it for other versions of flightsim and I do not see any issue with paying for something that will enhance my experience.  Racket no, free market, yes!

Thanks for taking on the development Matt.

Ordered and done!  Glad to be supporting developers that make a difference.

• Upvote 2

\Robert Hamlich/

9 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I'm glad that it is available for P3D v4.  I used it for other versions of flightsim and I do not see any issue with paying for something that will enhance my experience.  Racket no, free market, yes!

Thanks for taking on the development Matt.

Can´t agree more. Thanks Matt for your work!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.