Sign in to follow this  
Chok

777 Right engine start "Static click"

Hello.

I have for a long time had an issue with the sound of the startup sequence of the right side engine on the 777. There is a static "click" during the right hand side engines startup sequence which is heard 44-45 seconds after turning the engine start switch to start. i started noticing it back somewhere in P3D V3 and have had the issue ever since. i am now on P3D V4.2.

I have found that the click could be coming from the sound file PMDG_777_Enginestart2c because you can hear a very loud similar static "click" if you play the sound file outside of the sim. It is heard 13-14 seconds into the recording when playing that file. If i play the sound file PMDG_777_Enginestart1c there is no static click and it also sounds fine when starting that engine in the sim.

I am unsure whether i am allowed to put the actual sound file from my machine up on this thread because you're not allowed to share files, but if someone can say it is okay i can put it up so you can hear what i am talking about.

Frederik Pedersen

Hi,

You could post a video of the engine start up with that click.

But are you sure that it is not the start switch going back from Start to Norm?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

2 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

You could post a video of the engine start up with that click.

But are you sure that it is not the start switch going back from Start to Norm?

100% sure it isn't the knob going back to norm, that's a whole different sound 🙂 if you're able and willing to try please go to your Rootsim/sound/pmdg/777x/various/ and play PMDG_777_EngineStart2c and tell me if you can hear the click between 13 and 14 seconds.

I'll sort out a video or upload my sound file as soon as someone tells me its okay to upload.

Edited by Chok

Frederik Pedersen

2 minutes ago, Chok said:

I'll sort out a video.

Would be helpfull, there can be quite a lot of different sound behind the word "click"! :wink:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

csVyqvv.png

this is what he means. I always hear this as well and wasn't sure anybody else has this.

https://imgur.com/csVyqvv original link

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

alright I fixed it. PM me @Chok

before:

zjTaMZZ.png

after:

9jHIM7G.png

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

30K have through PM helped me and the issue is now solved.

Frederik Pedersen

10 hours ago, 30K said:

alright I fixed it

Could you send it as a ticket to PMDG that they can publish it with the next update(s)? I have the issue too and I guess many (if not most) do live with this sound "bug"... 

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Could you send it as a ticket to PMDG that they can publish it with the next update(s)? I have the issue too and I guess many (if not most) do live with this sound "bug"... 

Already in the works : )

• Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.

30K have you had a look at the locked volume on the RAAS programme in the PMDG aircraft.

I have the full pro version but will only work on the none PMDG aircraft.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

30K have you had a look at the locked volume on the RAAS programme in the PMDG aircraft.

I have the full pro version but will only work on the none PMDG aircraft.

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I can follow you as this has nothing to do with the sound file I edited.

I did use both versions the locked and professional version and there is no difference in the aspect of functionality.

If you mean that you can not set the volume slider of the RAAS to a desired value then this is simply because it "follows" the same audio value as the PMDG sounds, which you can set through the CDU.

In short: PMDG audio volume = 50 = RAAS volume = 50.

Cheers Henrik K.

Well must be my age because I can just barely make it out on my headphones, even after adjusting the sim settings to turn down the environment and cockpit sounds.   

Raymond Fry.

7 hours ago, rjfry said:

Well must be my age because I can just barely make it out on my headphones, even after adjusting the sim settings to turn down the environment and cockpit sounds.   

If it's that quite then step over to the FS2Crew forum. Bryan'll help you just tell him that I already suggested turning the volume up.

Cheers Henrik K.

10 hours ago, 30K said:

If it's that quite then step over to the FS2Crew forum. Bryan'll help you just tell him that I already suggested turning the volume up.

The pro version is not a problem it works great I got it with FS2Crew Captains set 747-400, it`s the locked volume in the PMDG I tried changing the settings FMC volume settings and the sim crashed. 

Raymond Fry.