Sign in to follow this  
Sky56

Networked FSX

Hi all,

First of all I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum or starting this topic again. However, I could not find a single post explaining how to get FSX on network. As in like the main machine would run FSX and other would run different addons supported. Thanks

Hello Sky56,

I have an FSX setup that has FSX on one machine and multiple addon's on another machine. I have Active Sky, FSUIPC Wide Client, AiviaSoft EFB along with PFPX and Navigraph Charts. Of course the last two are not networked, they run stand alone, but the others are networked.  I mainly have it setup this way so to have the addon windows open so I can refer to them during a flight.

What addon's do you want networked?

Edited by bill10

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Mainly:

1. Active Sky Next

2. Traffic addon

3. Electronic Flight Bag

4. Pilotedge and Vatsim Client.

and later on any addon which I install in future.

6 hours ago, Sky56 said:

Mainly:

1. Active Sky Next

2. Traffic addon

3. Electronic Flight Bag

4. Pilotedge and Vatsim Client.

and later on any addon which I install in future.

#1 ASN comes with an instructional PDF that shows how to set it up on a network.

#2 most likely won’t work on a networked computer just as scenery addons won’t work in a networked configuration.

Not sure about 3 or 4 since I don’t use those products.

Some addons must be installed on the FSX rig to work. To be honest, unless you have a really old computer or you just want to view other addon’s windows on a separate screen, there’s really not any performance to be gained with today’s multi core, fast processors.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Sky56 .... sorry for the late reply.

cmpbellsjc gave you a great answer!  I would add that before you try to network some addons make SURE the networking of your 2 computers is spot on and working.

Get the folder permissions, windows defender exclusions and so fourth working BEFORE you attempt to network your addons. This will save you some headaches down the road.

#3 If you are talking about AiviaSoft's  EFB its works great in a networked config. The manual has an in depth process to get you up and running.

Not sure about 3 or 4 either since I don’t use those products.

As stated above the performance gain is probably minimal at best but the ability to use Aiviasoft's EFB moving map and have the Active Sky window open on a separate screen is why I have my setup networked.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams